Please help the Sosua Kids Assoiation

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Although education in the DR is both free and compulsory, books, supplies and uniforms which cost approximately 600-700 pesos per year are a requirement. As are supplies and books. 600-700 pesos are a hefty amount for poor families. The end result is many children do not attend school. In Sosua A few years ago a group of ex-pats formed an association to provide those requirements for kids from poor families. There are no administration costs; the association members donate their time and talents so every peso raised goes directly to the children?s education. With money raised strictly from donations, at this time they are providing schooling for 48 children, up from 37 last year. Each child receives 2 shirts or blouses, skirts or pants, underwear, socks, shoes, belt and a backpack, even a class photo. Donations can be made at the Britannia Pub on the main street in Sosua. If you can spare 2 or 3 hundred pesos that would be wonderful however any donation is gratefully accepted. Please check their web site for more information. This is a way of putting back in to the country that treats us all so well when we visit and would be a Christmas gift which keeps on giving.
http://www.geocities.com/sosuakids/

;)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Richard

I will be in sosua in a few weeks.I would love to help out.I'll pop into the Britannia....I know where it is.Who should I ask for?
Larry

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Sosua Kids

If anyone is out in the Cabarete area or staying at Coconut Palms please see Janet Williams in the Coconut Palms Office. She is a member of the association and will be pleased to accept your donation.;)