Another Kidnapping last night!!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
It seems we are on our way to breaking kidnapping records worldwide. Last night in Santiago another kidnapping took place and fortunately, the kidnappers were foiled thanks to a tipster, who disobeyed the families call for secrecy and called the police and the kidnappers were intercepted with the loot and got involved in a big shootout with hundreds of rounds fired.

The kidnapped son of a major PRD member Jorge Polanco was released unharmed. One of the kidnappers, Edgar Garcia Reyes, a known criminal was shot dead in the exchange and along with his body a bag with $930,000 was recovered. The other two assailants Juan Carlos Ramos and Emmanuel Garcia were wounded, but so far are on the loose with the rest of the money, which totalled $1,400,000(pesos). The police is not saying how many of their members were wounded.

The news is still being kept quiet, but due to the big gunfire and the stir in Santiago, there is no way to cover this one up, which is the second kidnapping last week. Hey AZB, wake up and let me know some more details.

TW

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Well, if I were an influential PRD memeber I would be very worried, since it seems that these people's families are the target on each one of the recent kidnappings.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
According to Diario Libre the kidnapping of Polanco ocurred in Santo Domingo in front of Corazones Unidos. The kidnappers were on the loose and intercepted in Santiago.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Pib

Youre right. It was at Corazones Unidos area according to Ultima Hora. The latest has all the assailants captured. One dead and two wounded. Most of the ransom recovered. I dont understand how some of the money got lost in such short period of time while these guys were on the run.

I heard that the normal police had them sorrounded, yet they decided to call the special anti-terrorist group so they can stage a kidnapping recovery and save their embarrassing situation with their lack of participation in any kidnappings before. They were rushed to the scene, even though the regular police could have handled the situation. Now we will hear in the next few days how the government used this special SWAT group and that from now on kidnappings, like blackouts will be a thing of the past.

However, this is only the beginning. By the way, have you noticed all the blackouts after the Hippo said no blackouts after December 15? hehehe

TW