Success with Inkjet refill kit.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Folks, just like the rest, I was also sick and tired of dishing out 600Plus pesos for a tiny injet cartridge which (sometimes) was already dried out from sitting on the store shelf. Last time I bought a pack of 2 color #23 cartridge (HP) from a famous PC store in santiago for 1000 pesos (great deal). When I was done with using one of the 2 cartridge (guess what?) the other one was already dried out on one ink. This was a total loss of 50% of my investment. Even in USA the cartridges are not cheap (HP brand to be exact).
So here is the solution: I was in atlanta and saw a huge 9 bottle (or maybe 8, i am not sure) refill kit of stratitec inkjet refill kit in Costco warehouse store. It was priced at $20 US. At the time, it seemed like a good risk to take considering how much the real option would have cost me. I bought one despite of all the horror stories I have heard on how the kit never works and how you end up staining your clothes and the table, etc etc.
The kit came with 3, 60ml (eash) sized color bottles and 2, 60 ml each black tint bottles. In addition 4 more bottles (60ml each) were packed for the photo print cartridges (mainly HP and other brands). They claim to almost fill up any cartridge with ease if you follow the direction in the small booklet. My printer is HP 810C which uses #23 for color and #15 for the black & white ink.
I read the pages concerning my model of cartridges and learned them well. To my surprise, the kit came with almost everything that you would ever need for the process. All instructions were simple and easy to follow. There is also a trouble-shooting section provided for every single cartridge listed. I was able to refill my color cartridge in minutes and reseal it. Almost always you will run into problems with the HP color cartridge. In my case, the yellow was not printing. So with some easy simple tests and steps I was able to make it running like a pro. I also filled up my B&W to the max and sealed it shut.
I am a happy camper as I have saved alot of moneyand still have plenty of ink left to fill up any future empty cartridges.
Folks, this thing really does work and doesn't get you dirty. there is very little thinking involved and almost anyone can do it without having any special tools.
Here is a webpage of the kit i bought: http://www.stratitec.com/inkrefill/index.html

I bet many other similar brands would work too but this one comes with a ton of ink for the attractive price of 20 dollars.
Good luck.
AZB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've been refilling the BW cartridge on my HP840C for almost a year. I understand that some of the newer printers use cartridges that can't be refilled, but if you have one that can, you can save a lot of money for a little effort. Refill kits are easily ordered through the internet and they include instructions for refilling the cartridge.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hlywud, instead of piling up used printers in your garage buy the refill kit. It claims to fill up any cartridge for the fraction of the original cost of a new one. It even has instructions on how to confuse your printer (HP in my case) in to thinking that your cartridge is new and 100% full. This erases the memory of the current installed emptied cartridge in the printer.
There are some cartridges (ex: HP) where the space inside the cartridge is for almost 29 - 40ml yet the company fills it up to only 19ml. With this refill kit, you can fill up the cartridge to the max and use it for longer period of time.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I've used the kit (mine only came with colour ink and black in -cost about $40Can.) to refill the cartridges for my Lexmark 3200 printer . It's easy if you refill the cartridge as soon as it runs dry. If you wait the sponge inside dries out and then it can't be refilled. Sure beats paying $57.95 plus 15% taxes for a new cartridge. I've found you can only refill 3-4 times then the cartridge "clogs" up (maybe the sponge gums up???) so then you need to invest in a new cartridge but it still saves a ton of money in the meantime (almost enough to pay for one ticket to the DR!!:))

MommC:
If I had your money, I'd buy a new printer and burn the balance of my money. (LOL)
Bet it is cold up there in NB. Warmed up to 45F here yesterday and now back to 28F and windy.
You should meet up with my friend who are going to Capella Jan. 25th and show them around JD.

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Wish I had that same option. I have color laser printer and even though the toner will last a long time it's very costly to replace. Maybe next time I'll just stick to ink jet.

S

Stephen

It is even cheaper to buy the ink in bulk. Places on the net like www.inksunlimited.com, www.myinks.com, www.pacificink.com etc sell larger bottles of each color much cheaper than if you buy the kit. I have also used the bulk toner to refill my laser cartridges. Most of the toner bulk refills come with a heating rod that burns a small round hole the size of a quarter in the cartridge, then you refill the toner and cover it. They all work fine. I have refilled HP, Canon, Lexmark and Epson's with no problems. AND, for those of you that don't want to do the refilling, these places also sell generic and remanufactured cartridges for both the injet and laser. YOUR BEST BET IS TO TRY : WWW.DEALTIME.COM, PUT IN THE NUMBER OF YOUR CARTRIDGE AND THEY WILL SHOW YOU THE BEST PLACE TO BUY.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Two Thumbs up for refills from me! I put the one in in April last year, still going strong and I have one left to use still! Definently worth it!