Car Ferry to Florida

da_rottweiler

Jan 4, 2002
ezinfocenter.com
Hi everyone

I wish to transport my car (in a container) from Santo Domingo to Miami, or Ft Lauderdale or to West Palm Beach

Does anyone know how to do this ?

Do you take it by regular car ferry to Mayaguez, then by another ferry from Puerto Rico to the US ?

Please advise

Rotty

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
You should search the board. You'll find plenty of posts discouraging you from doing this.

However, if you insist, you can contact any shipping agent that has offices in the DR. PM me if you would like the information of the agent that I usually use.

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Must be a special car

Wow! Could anyone explain to me why it would be profitable to ship a car BACK to Miami when car values are almost certainly higher here in the DR even without counting in the shipping costs and headaches?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would sell the car here, take the money and buy a new car in Miami. I can't imagine the pain you will go through if you try and ship it from here...

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Exporting is always much easier than importing. You will still have to comply with the US regulations, that's the hard part. Unless you have a valuable car (vintage) I'd suggest you sell it too.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
BTW, there's direct service from Rio Haina to all those ports. Ro-Ro is cheaper than a container, although less safe. Again if it is not a particularly valuable car a container doesn't make much sense moneywise.