Dentists??

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Where? There are a lot of dentists, but you need to tell us in what area you are.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I think the price varies greatly depending on how prestigious the office / doctor you go to is. Either way is way cheaper than in the US. For instance my son's braces were going to cost me about 1,500.00 USD if I had it done down there, which is less than half what they cost me here in the US, even after insurance covering part of it. I still got it done here in the US, just because with those you have to have them checked every so often and the dentists here will not do it, if the original work was performed in a different country.
One more thing: You should understand that while the cost of any medical / dental procedure is way cheaper in the DR, there's also no recourse if the doctor/ dentist screws up. This has happened a few times with foreigners who go to the DR to have liposuction procedures performed, because of how cheap it is. A few of them have died...and I'm pretty sure the families have not gotten a penny out of it and the "doctors" are still practicing.

Last edited:

jjakque

Sep 16, 2002
I can drive to anywhere but I usually go to Sosua.

I need 5 teeth replaced and will drive to Luperon if necessary.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in Sosua and am presently having work done by Dr. Wendy Juma. She is young but capable and well recommended. Her office is on the second floor over the post office in the small plaza opposite Productos Sosua. Her office phone is 571-2767. Her prices are very reasonable, far below what would be charged in the US, for example. I am getting a root canal, a crown, a broken filling replaced, and about 5 teeth coated with the material they use when enamel very worn for about RD$8,000.

You might also be interested in this thread http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19440&highlight=dentists

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Ken
Do you know if Wendy accepts insurance plans,also do you have a phone number for her.
Johnny

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Johnny, don't know if she accepts insurance. Her phone number is in my previous post. Office open from 8:30-12, 2:30-5 Monday through Friday, 9-12 on Saturday. She works by appointment. I always get the first appointment in morning or afternoon so that I avoid having to wait for a patient who required more time than allowed for when appointment made. If you do use her, please tell her I recommended her so that I'll get a star in my crown.