"Fixed" cell phone

daniel

Feb 24, 2002
i live in an area where there are no phone lines. Does anyone have experience with "fixed cellular phones'? How are the charges if used for the internet? Charged as a cell phone or as a regular line phone? Thanks

S

Stephen

I had a fixed cell phone (still on the wall but not used) from Tricom before codetel put in lines in my area. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but it wasn't much different from a regular line from what I recall. It actually worked pretty well and I used it for faxes and internet as well. They put a small antenna on my roof and I had no problem with signal.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Tell me more about these 'fixed' cell phones. I'm at the stage where I have a cell phone from just about every cell phone company and we're still having problems...

Thanks

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Strange Stephen, I have one of those (suspended at the moment) and I was told both by Codetel and Tricom that they don't have wireless data transmission available yet. When was that?

S

Stephen

Hey, Pib, I don't know what to tell you but it's been over three years ago, and I was using my Tricom fixed cell for both fax and internet. It was the only phone I had so I know it was the one.