Christmas Books

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
I have 192 copies of a children's Christmas book, (in English) that I wrote and illustrated. Each copy has some slight imperfections in one or two of the colour illustrations that make them not suitable for sale. I would like to send them to an English speaking/reading school in my newly adopted (albeit distant) home, Dominican Republic.
The Problem:
I can not afford to ship the books, and I don't know how best to ensure they will in fact arrive.
There are six boxes, each containing 32 copies. Each box weighs 18 kg (40 lbs), for a total of 108 kg (240 lbs). The problem is the cost to ship, and how to ship 108 kg of books to DR?
Does anyone out there have an "in" with an airline or trucking/shipping company that can take these books "sin costo" to a school in DR?
The appropriate age group for this book (in Canada) is 5years to 12years.
Any suggestions??
Thanks!:beard:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Yopu could divvy them up into <70 pound packages

So they would be checkable luggage. Put a 99 cent Pot of Gold chocolates on top for the bribe.

Anyone not taking checked baggage could take them along. Somewhere (of course this could wind up being SDQ, POP, LRM, PUC) - then you need a distributor in the DR. Someone to get them at the receiving end.

I guess it would help if you said where they were now. And maybe gave an invoice for $0 so customs would not pitch a fit either.Say 240 Lbs/@even 30-40# a box (to make them liftable) is only 6 - 8 cartons.

They'd have to be opened by the courier (no offense) to make sure there are just books inside.

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia (west coast of Canada).
No problem doing a $0 invoice if this would help, and opening every box would be no problem ... books, only books :classic: