Withdrawing US$ from BanInter

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
I've just been told, that if you want to withdraw US$ from a BanInter business account, they charge you 1% and if its more than US$10000 you must go to Santo Domingo.
That's what they say in Sosua.

1)Is this normal/ legal?
2)Do they apply this for CDs (not business) as well?

Has anyone cancelled a CD in US$ lately at BanInter and can tell me please how easy or how difficult that was?

G

gigi

If you dont have it in your contract - it constitutes breach of contract, I would say it is fraud also.

I was waiting 3 weeks to get my money from CD in Baninter, I have to scream in that bank so oher customers hear it, then I tratened them to file criminal charges, then after 3 weeks I got it in check, but I was cheated by $4000 on interest.

I have to listen different lies every day for 3 weeks, wait in the bank every day many hour for 3 weeks, they just lought in your face, when they have your money.....

You request that they transport the money to branch in Sosua.

I was complaining to Superintendente de Bancos, but they are just protecting the banks.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Don't know for certain, but I believe jazzcom is right. One of the risks that come with the interest paid in the DR is that you might not be able to withdraw your dollars when you want them if dollars are scarce and/or the government is low in foreign reserve. The money isn't lost, but withdrawal may be delayed.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
To their defense, I have to say, that I went to cancel my CD in US$ and received the check the following day without any problems...

JOHN J.

Oct 17, 2002
gerd said:
To their defense, I have to say, that I went to cancel my CD in US$ and received the check the following day without any problems...

Were you able to cash the check or deposit it for available U.S. Funds in a Bank in the U.S. or other country with US$ bank accounts?