Naturalization--DR citizenship

jeffa

Oct 10, 2002
Have Perm Residency--want lawyer or experienced expediter to help with naturalization. (Did e-mail Guzman first and his firm says they don't normally handle DR citizenshio for foreigners). Thanks for recommendations!

G

gigi

If you understand spanish, you can do it by yourself, go to immigration or secretaria de interior y policia - department - juridica, and they give you list of prerequisities (similar like for residency).

The most important is residency 2 years and not to leave DR for 2 years, after you submit it, then you can leave....and return...

jeffa

Oct 10, 2002
Thanks for the info, but I do need help with the process and follow-up etc. in Santo Domingo. I know some attorneys and others do this type of service, but I have no real good referrals. Thanks again.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sorry that I can't help with a referral, but you are wise to get one. During the years that I have been living in the DR I have heard many stories about attornies who took money to help someone get residency, etc., but never obtained what they were hired to do.