Rotary Club

Amicus

Dec 25, 2002
The DR supposedly has a number of Rotary Clubs. Are there any with either an English-speaking contingent, or are they entirely Spanish-speaking?

Thanks in advance for any response that might orientate me.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have been to several meetings here in Santo Domingo.

The meetings are conducted in Spanish,but many members speak English,and are willing to guide you.I am going to send you an email of an American who spends months here every year,and never misses a meeting! Tom

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I can agree with Criss, you will find English speaking members. They will be more than glad to assist you. It would help to know where you are going to settle in the D.R. I'm sure one of the DR1 posters will be able to point you to the nearest Rotary. Regards, PJT

Amicus

Dec 25, 2002
Thanks for the assistance.

It will likely be the north coast, between PoP and Cabarete.

La Profesora

Jun 23, 2002
If it is the North Coast, there is a Rotary Club in Puerto Plata. There is an American expat who is deeply involved with it, so even if meetings were in Spanish, someone would be able to translate/explain.

Amicus

Dec 25, 2002
Thanx. I believe there is only one RC in PoP. So, I will check it out.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. If you happen to know the American's name, I would appreciate an e-mail. Much obliged.

sarafederico

Dec 16, 2004
is there a Rotary Club in LUPERON?

La Profesora said:
If it is the North Coast, there is a Rotary Club in Puerto Plata. There is an American expat who is deeply involved with it, so even if meetings were in Spanish, someone would be able to translate/explain.

Do you know if there is a Rotary club in Luperon and when do they meet?
Thank you

Amicus

Dec 25, 2002
sarafederico said:
Do you know if there is a Rotary club in Luperon and when do they meet?
Thank you

Luperon is not on the list of DR Rotary clubs, but try this link for a list of clubs:
http://www.rotary.org/cgi-bin/datadrill.cgi

Choose your country and then your state and you will likely have the club closest to you. Otherwise, go to the bottom of the list of states and select "---", then the "next" button and you will get all the clubs in the DR.

If it does not work, go to www.rotary.org and click on "Club Locator" button at the top of the screen, which should bring you to the same screen.

I am not in the DR, but I hope this helps.

Last edited: