Roadracing in DR?

sirkusartisten

Jan 1, 2003
Does anybody know where the "Las Americas Raceway" is situated? And if so, is it far from the North coast?

Thanks!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
The "Autodromo Las Americas" is used for both automobile racing as well as Motorcycle racing.
Not a bad circuit but not quite up to FIA or US standards!

sirkusartisten

Jan 1, 2003
Okey, and this is the only one ? How about safety?
Thank You so much, incredible site You have here. I will brows for more info regarding moving to Dr with my family.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Lots of short straights with tight corners. The Circuit lacks any high-speed sweepers. Most corners have enough run-off.
There use to be a track about 45 mins north of Santo Domingo called "El Cumbre". Not sure if that is still operating.
What kind of racing are you interested in. Are you a fan or a possible participant?

Tony C.

sirkusartisten

Jan 1, 2003
Thanks, Tony, I run in the national series in Norway. Superbike class ( modified Yamaha 02, R1) My wife will move here, so I am just trying to sort out some importent tinghs here ;-)
How about You?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I use to run in the SCCA Improved Touring Class(A & B). I am currently planning on getting back into racing with a C Sports racer(Kind of like a Smaller version of a Le Mans prototype)
I am also the Co-Host of the "South Florida Motorsports Report" A local Racing TV show here in Miami.
I use to live in Santo Domingo and still visit quite often.
You should like the Cycle action in the DR. They Race quite often there.