Cabarete

nancymogd

Jan 2, 2003
My husband and I are tentatively booked into Hideaway Beach in Cabarete. Can anyone tell me anything about Cabarete or the resort?

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Hideaway beach is halfway between Cabarete and Sosua,Cabarete is a major wind and kite surfing beach,Sosua is more a relaxing and diving beach,your hotel has no restaurant.You will find many good restaurants in Cabarete and Sosua.There are 15 units but only 9 ready for use however they are beautiful apts.Hope you have no kids they will be bored to tears.Also you may want to rent a car as taxis every day is not cheap.
J.H.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Since you are only tentatively booked
do yourself a favor find a place in Cabarete town.
There is lots available .It will make all the diference.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
cabarete lodging

if interested, contact me. I book reservations for 12 properties in Cabarete and can match you to the best property, based on your budget and amenities desired:)

marina
Kitexcite
Cabarete

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
thats stupid each place has it own charm.
if you like puttas , cheap german tourist hanging out in street bars at 8 in the morning drinking beer. A sorry and depressing sight.and in general an empty town then Sosua is your place

If you like good restaurants, nice beaches , a good night life with fun tourists to hang out with
the best kiting and surfing on the island then Cabarete is your town.

Why do you think that the Sosua expats come to Cabarete to party.??

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Paul Thate said:

I agree with you, Paul, each place has its own charm. I live in Sosua but find Cabarete a very pleasant place to visit and can see why those who stay there have so many good things to say about the area.

But I am disappointed that in correcting Tor that you felt it necessary to slam Sosua the way you did. That attitude about a place that "has its own charm" is no better than Tor's knock on Cabarete, probably worse.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I would say Sosua has better restaurants than Cabarete. Sosua is a nice small town, Cabarete is just a dirty heavily trafficed road which there is built shops and restaurants on each side. I realy think the beach is so much better inn Sosua, you dont have to walk 100 meter out in the water before you can swim, and i think there is much more pollution in Cabarete, I had problems to get my feets cleaned last i was on the beach there.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have been, eaten and swam at both. Each has it's individual qualities.

I found good restaurants at both and I personally prefer Cabarete beach, I like the feel and the vibe. The nightlife in Cabarete is much better, I was there New Years and it was jamming!

As for the pollution factor, I don't know what Tor is referring to?

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Paul Thate said:
if you like puttas , cheap german tourist hanging out in street bars at 8 in the morning drinking beer. A sorry and depressing sight.and in general an empty town then Sosua is your place

If you like good restaurants, nice beaches , a good night life with fun tourists to hang out with
the best kiting and surfing on the island then Cabarete is your town.

Why do you think that the Sosua expats come to Cabarete to party.??
re an inteligent person,I hope your statement was in a fit of depresion or something.All expats donot party in Cabarete ,cheap germans abound in Cabarete the same as everywhere and there are more putas per square inch in Cabarete than there are in Sosua,good food in both towns Cabarete for surfing oriented people Sosua for relaxation oriented people.Please do not denigrate a town you choose not to live in.
Johnny:angry:

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Tor said:
I would say Sosua has better restaurants than Cabarete. Sosua is a nice small town, Cabarete is just a dirty heavily trafficed road which there is built shops and restaurants on each side. I realy think the beach is so much better inn Sosua, you dont have to walk 100 meter out in the water before you can swim, and i think there is much more pollution in Cabarete, I had problems to get my feets cleaned last i was on the beach there.
Tor
Same message as I gave to Paul we all choose where we want to live .:angry:

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Cabarete versus Sosua

JOHNNY HONDA said:
r.Please do not denigrate a town you choose not to live in.
Johnny:angry:

Since I choose not to live there , by definition and assuming that I have some of the intelligence you say I have I must like the other place better.And when I made that choice some of those points in my message were considered.

No fit of depression at all, just a knee jerk reaction to Tor's first message.

Last edited:

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Here is my opinion of Sosua vs Cabarete.

Sosua's main beach is a bay. It is good for relaxing, except on weekends when sometimes the music coming from the parking lot can be deafening. It is a bigger "town" than Cabarete but many of the shops/restaurants are run down or closed.

Cabarete has more beach, although it is protected by a reef so usually the swell is only about 200 meters out from the shore. The town is shops bordering the main street.

Both have good restaurants but Cabarete has more of a night life, and younger, sportier vibe because of the windsurfing and kitesurfing scene.

Both have their share of putas and litter.

marina