Hotels Guayacanes

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I was wondering if we could list the accomodation possibilities in Guayacanes. Im looking for something on the beach. I already know about Playa Esmarelda but I am wondering if there are others on the beach with swimming pool non-AI. Thanks in advance.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There is a small hotel called Sol y Mar right on the beach in Guayacanes. The beach is better than any of the beaches in Jaun Dolio area (in my opinion). Sol Y Mar does not have a swimming pool either. It only has a small amount of rooms. They do have a resturant and next to it is a great little store,more resturants a club,an interesting little church and a neighborhood school. For the showers they use a solar heater on the roof so at night the water is cold most of the time. It is not a fancy hotel but it is always clean and the staff is good and they have a security guard. The two phone numbers I have are 809-223-4495 and
809-301-5312. I have stayed here a few times and have enjoyed the neighborhood and especially the beach. It is very private there because I think not many people know about this hotel. If my friend had not lived accross the street from it I would never have discovered it myself. I am like you and usually spend my time in a pool rather than the beach but this place changed my thinking on that. What I have learned from the people in the neighbohood has replaced my need for the swimming pool. Oh yeah, also, the price is very cheap.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks Dulce

First of all is there any web based information on Sol y Mar. Second Are there any other hotels woth mentioning? I prefer one with a swimming pool that is not Al-In do you know if Playa Esmeralda offers non Al-in?