Where's the Gym?

hammerisgod

Jan 5, 2003
Will be travelling to the Bavaro region of the DR in late Febuary, and this will be my first trip to the Caribbean. I will be there for two weeks, and am worried that I will not be able to do any weight-training whilst I'm there!

I cannot find any references anywhere that there are any gyms?!

Can anyone please help me with info??

Cheers from London, England.

stang1

Dec 24, 2002
I can't tell you for sure for your destination as I haven't been there but I have recently been to the DR as well as many other caribbean destinations. Your hotel, if it's an all inclusive, may have a gym but other than that, it's very unlikley you will find one. Use your holiday as an opportunity to cross train. We are avid weightlifters and it used to bother us to be away from a gym for so long. Now we take every opportunity to hike, swim, kayak, snorkell or whatever we can do to stay active. As well, you can always do push ups, sit ups, dips and other exercises in your room or on the beach. And there's nothing as good as running in the sand to really work your calves. Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Next time come to Sosua. We have a very good gym here, with treadmills, exercise bikes, machines and free weights.

As stang1 indicated, many large hotels have limited gym facilities. Hopefully yours will.

You might also want to pack one of those resistance bands; they come in different tensions, depending on your strength. You can exercise many muscle groups with them. For example, see the exercises using resistance bands here http://www.efit.com/fitclips/flat_ball_db_c_p.html

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I am told the Golden Power Gym in Plaza Brisas de Bavaro has weight training equipment. Regards, PJT

Last edited: