Excellant DR Road Map

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
Thank You

Tony C
It's been a while since I have been to B & N and the maps they had at the time didn't have the quality of this one.
El Viejo

Apr 26, 2002
Good Map

I have this map (or a previous edition of it) and it is excellent. The laminate makes it very durable too. Don't know when it was last updated, though. SD city has changed dramatically in recent years.

swake

Oct 27, 2002
At what price is it available? Is there a Barnes & Noble's in the Puerto Plata area?

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I think I've seen that map at the big bookstore on Sarasota and Lincoln. I don't remember where I bought mine but it is the best I've seen.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
I have a copy of the map mentioned above and it is an excellent map for driving around..

for any other map collectors out there, you can get detailed 1:50,000 topographical maps from http://www.omnimap.com/catalog/int/dom-50t.htm for a reasonable price. It took about a month for me to get a copy of the area i was interested in but i was extremely pleased with the product....

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Agree the map is the most recommendable one you are able to purchase abroad, but it is outdated. It does not list, for example, the new highways that go East. The ones sold locally that have been updated in 2002 include these new highways. This is important, especially if you will be driving within the country.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The CEUR Department at PUCMM, in Santiago, has a whole set, including many that the omni site does not have. I know, I gave them to them.....
USGS should have them too....

HB