Punta Cana Resort & Club

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
Does anyone have any info on the Punta Cana Resort and Club?...(travel agents refer to it as Punta Cana Beach Resort).

They were doing renovations on it and the resort was mostly shut down except for the golf section for many months. Was just wondering if anyone has been to the resort since the renovations have been completed. Am planning a trip there in March.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Just came back

It was called Punta Cana Beach Resort, it is now Punta Cana Resort and Club. I came back after spending New Year's on the hotel. Renovations are complete, the hotel was beautiful. All rooms were redecorated and a lot of changes on the common areas. It is definite an upgrade for the hotel, I was very impressed. Food and service were very good. New Year's dinner was excellent, very good quality. Go to the CocoLoba restaurant on the Golf Club house, it is not included in the plan, but well worth it. The golf course is complete and very challenging. New landscaping to the whole property. I didn't have any complaints at all. If you need any more info, let me know.

http://www.puntacana.com

GRS

Last edited:

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
GRS...

Thanks for the reply. Glad you enjoyed your stay at the PC Resort and Club. I am really looking forward to my trip...I leave in 2 and a half weeks.

What type of room did you stay in? My travel agent originally told me I was booked in a beach villa. I was excited about this b/c I have friends who have been there and stayed in this type of room and really liked it. Now I was just told I am booked in what they call a "Superior Room" - which is in a 3 story building with balconies as opposed to a villa right on the beach. Do you think I should try to switch to a beach villa when I get there or do you think the other room is just as nice?

Thanks for your help...I appreciate it!

cdn_golfer

Dec 5, 2003
Punta Cana Beach Resort

I hope your trip was all you expected.

We went to this resort a couple of years ago and I am thinking about going again in January. I enjoyed the resort, food (at the lunch grill and a la carte restaurants) and the golf course is one of the best I have played. We stayed in the 3 story building next to the pool and facing the ocean. The room was very old and in need of upgrading.

We are going with another couple so I want to know if they have renovated all the rooms or only the buildings next to the golf course. I don't want to recommend going and then have rundown, old rooms.

Any other info you can add would be appreciated.