Long term Lodging

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I guess as a new member of this message board I should say hello first, so ?hello to all?. That being said I would like to thank all the folks who take the time to respond to the questions posted here. As an occasional visitor here over the past several months, I have learned a great deal about the Dominican Republic.

Now to the point of my post, I?ve been pondering another trip to the Caribean for a while, (been to the DR twice before, Puerto Plata & La Romana, both times in an all inclusive). I now find I have the time for another trip, (recently laid off, and in no hurry to go back to work). I?m thinking about staying for a month, maybe February, maybe longer, obviously my schedule is flexible. The question is lodging, where can I find long term lodging at a reasonable rate, not in an all inclusive or even in a large resort? Possibly not even a resort at all, possibly someplace other than DR. I simply need some R&R with Sun, Sand and Rum, preferably I would like to find a small cottage, one room would be fine, but I would like something with a kitchenette, and private bath, under $1,000 US a month. I prefer Puerto Plata over La Romana, but am open to suggestions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Joe, one possibility is Tropix Hotel in Sosua. Small hotel in quiet area. Pool. Easy walk to beach and town. There is a kitchen available for use of guests. Sylvie, the owner, has been in business a long time and is very hospitable. Tell her you want a month or more and ask for a rate. Feel free to tell her I suggested hou contact her. http://www.tropixhotel.com/

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
I have some friends who own a bar called Britania pub who also own small studio cottages with full kitchen in Sosua they get around 400 us per month if you want to talk to them let me know by sending me an e mail,bottom left hand button
J.H.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Puerto Plata Beach Resort hotel apartments on Malecon, Puerto Plata are US $800 per month (maybe you could negotiate a bit less). 1 double or two single beds, kitchenette with dining/lounge area, security, gardens swimming pool, airconditioning & cable.

Down the road nearer town, Jardin Suisso restaurant has room (a couple with kitchenette) from US $15 per night or approx US $420 pm. Not as up-market as the Puerto Plata Beach resort hotel apartments, but comfortable & clean!! - Grahame.