Divorce clip from Newspaper

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
It must be true; it was on the internet

My wife is working towards a degree in Graphic Arts and has been playing around with Adobe (TM) products for about a year, so she's still not really good at it. BUT she still takes all of our vacation pictures and scans them into photoshop or whatever and if there's some non-family goof standing in our picture, she just gets rid of him.
And like, in the old days, the person taking the picture would never be in the group shot. No problem no more. Just cut him or her out of another picture; adjust the shadows to match all the other people in the picture and print it out. I swear you can't tell the difference.
I no longer believe anything I see on the internet. I don't, for example, believe this post. :p
SLM

jbhermes

Sep 10, 2002
sorry

Sorry Hlywud...my mistake...I thought you put "hard to believe but scanned from a newspaper" in there. That must have been part of the original email huh? I wondered why you would have been duped by that because you're so computer savvy. My mother in law sends me things on a daily basis that I keep having to tell her aren't real. Sometimes I can get to her PRIOR to her sending them to everyone she knows--but usually I'm too late. Kind of a pet peeve. I know, I should get a life.

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
what I meant to say

What I meant to say was that I didn't believe my own post. It was supposed to be a joke on a joke. Didn't come out right.
It's like that guy that got a life sentence in prison and every night he would hear different guys up and down the corridor yelling out numbers, which would always be followed by raucous laughter from every cell. Finally, he couldn't contain his curiosity. He asks the old guy in the next cell "Hey what's with all the yelling out the numbers every night?"
"Well," he says "most of us, we been in here so long and we've heard every joke there is to tell so many times, well, we just got to numbering the jokes to save a little time. So when someone wants to tell a joke to the rest of the cellblock, he just shouts out the number. Like number forty-one. That's the farmer and the traveling salesman. Whoo. That's a good one. Wanna give it a try."
"Sure." So the new guy stands up on his bunk and yells out "Forty one!" Dead silence.
The old guy says "Better try another one. Quick."
"Sixty seven!" he shouts. Nothing. "Twenty two." he says, without much enthusiasm. Mild grumbling. "Fifty eight?" Finally he gets a response. A voice from about five cells down shouts "Hey shut up down there."
The new guy jumps down off his bunk and whispers to the old guy in the next cell. "Gee whiz, buddy" he says, "what do you think I did wrong?"
"Well" says the old guy, "I guess some guys can tell jokes, and some guys can't."

SLM

ps if buying my wife a digital camera means taking more than three dollars out of my Presidente fund, it just ain't gonna happen :)

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I read this story months ago. It was so funny/tragic/sappy, that I laughed and hit delete...Whatever, that was a goodlooking post Wud...

Now Mike...make her happy and give her a digital for Valentine's Day!

HB