Confused over working visas/tourist cards etc

Karen Milton

Apr 26, 2002
Hi,

I am hoping to come to DR in May/June for a few months or so and find a job - if possible. I am confused about working visas/tourist cards etc. Is it true that I can stay up to 90 days on a tourist card? Where/how would i obtain a working visa? If i did find a job and didnt have a working visa, what are the possibilities that i would be caught?

What is the best area to get work in? I have been to many areas around the island - POP, Punta Cana, La Romana, Santo Domingo, Bayahibe. In general, I prefer the north to the south. Im not expecting great pay at all. I am a student and should be able to get by! Does anyone have any suggestions to which is the best type of work to get into?

I have some connections in DR who could possibly help me, and i speak Spanish, although not fluent yet. I would like the experience of working/living in the DR.

I would appreciate any ideas, or experiences from other people.
Thanks in advance.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Same answer as a thousand others who have asked
What type of work
HAVE you ever lived here.
Hard to answer unspecific questions.
J.H.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Before you wast your time with a response to Karen,

..take the time to do a search of her posts on DR1! She has been asking the same questions for months! Go back to her first posts,she is just looking for a NEW Sanki! CRIS

Karen Milton

Apr 26, 2002
Excuse me, but actually.....

lol. I am looking for a job, not a sanki. I admit the first time i ever went to Dominican Republic i met a resort guy and spent some time with him. However, i have since been to many parts of the island i am interested in the culture and enjoy their way of life, not to go off in the sunset with some sanki. Thank you very much Criss.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Karen, the archives are full of information re visa, tourist card, etc., etc.

If you have contacts in the DR, you are luckier than most that decide they want to come and live/work here for awhile. Best to start with them. Work is very hard to find unless you have some special skill or have made some advance contacts.