RNN the new Dominican CNN in the hands of!!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Well, believe it or not, last night was the grand opening of the RNN TV Network with headquarters on Luperon Avenue and owned by....you guessed it....Ramon Baez "Figureo", the Baninter man and his brother. Also ownership belongs to none other than Balaguer's trusted fund raiser and silent hatchet man Guaroa Liranzo, a man who should be nicknamed "The Lince".

This was a flashy inauguration where you could see all the "caciques" who own Dominican Republic, while 85% of the population is searching their pockets for some change. This was as flashy as "Figureo"'s own wedding at Casa de Campo. Baldy was there and guess what? The first interview(don't be fooled..it is taped, not live) is by Baldy himself, who will try to make a reelection bid on the program this morning at 7am, following his tasteless show of "limpiabotas" at the National Palace, a slimy demagogic act, followed by the appointment of his replacement for Bello Rosa with an unknown PRD activist who will be a rubber stamp for everything Hippo and Guido says. But that's not all. Two of the greatest comedians and laughingstock material in DR were present at the swearing in!!! One of them was crossdresser To?o Rosario and the other one was man-kisser "El Pacha", who french-kissed Fernandito Villalona in the mouth for over 10 seconds, the former drug addict merengue king, who was refused a U.S. visa for many years for his taste for illegal stuff. Fortunately, Fernandito was not wearing his fake Navy uniform with full deck of decoration, a la Tulile, and his kissing partner did not take his clothes off or wore transparent clothing like he usually does, otherwise we would have have a burlesque show.

Now what are two jokers like this doing at the swearing in of the new Attorney General(sorry DR1, this one is called the "Solicitor General" in your news reports. I disagree with that translated title. If you wish an explanation, let me know)for the country? Only in DR would you have a national palace full of limpiabotas, crossdressers, man-kissers, ex-drug addicts in the swearing in of a major government official. What is next? Swearing in Tulile as Cultural Chief?

Back to RNN. It will be interesting to see if this new news network will follow thru hard on the Pepegate case in view of the ownership by the Figureo man. Let's see if they really mean what they claimed, as their slogan says "A partir de ahora aqui no pasara nada sin que usted lo sepa". Will they go deep into this investigation? or will they fall under the pressure of Hippo's words last night at the opening where he said "I expect you to report positive things for the country, not the kind of negative things I hear all the time". Meaning, I want you to report only what I like. Will they be pressed by Figureo to stay away from Pepegate and Baninter?

How come Leonel Fernandez was not invited? Or did he just not chose to attend. I recall Figureo was always hand in hand with Leonel. In fact they moved to the same apartment building and used to have breakfast together all the time. Is Figureo just an "arribista"? What will happen when Leonel wins again, the odds on favorite to be the next president? Will we see Figureo catering to the "Leon" again. Stay tune. I will not keep my eyes off RNN. You can be sure of that.

I like their choice of newsreporters, talk show hosts, political and economic analysts and entire crew. They hired or hijacked the best.They make CDN look like a minor league team. I saw all the new program reviews and spots and they are miles ahead of CDN in projection. They really looked good last night. Let's see how they do it in real life, and under Figureo and Liranzo's watchful and political eyes. They made some technical booboos last night, but their spots were so good they hid the bloopers.

The hostess and MC last night, Mariasela was as far as I am concerned her usual bust. She is so boring and old fashioned she should work in a bank, or as a supreme court script. She also forgot to mention the names of two of the people at the podium, including Indotel Chief, son of former convict president Jorge Blanco. I hate her lecturing for goodness. Even the cardinal who was there was not so pompous. Now that's one man who I really like, Cardinal Lopez Rodriguez, the best leader in this country. He is sharp, practical and to the point. He was superb last night. Just went about his business, blessing the station and that's that. No "lambonismo" and "Trujillismo".

All the lambones were there last night, as well as many presidential candidates who will get nowhere in the next election seeking the limelight. Listen up guys, the game is over....this is between Leonel Fernandez and whatever joker chosen by the PRD or Hipolito. I think Hippo is trying so hard to run, he can't hide it. But does he realize he may suffer the biggest "boche" of his life at the next elections from the people?

I have to tip my hats off to the two MC's for the whole program. They were excellent and knew their lines so well,I thought the whole thing was scripted, but it wasn't.

TW

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For those who don't know:
Our illustrious Golo used two words "lambones" and "boche" that are not found in normal dictionaries in the Dominican usage.
Lamb?nes: From 'lamer', to lick, corrupted to lambone, to lick ass, thense to political or social climbers as in "The 'lambones' followed the President wherever he went."
Syn.: "Tumbapolvo" Literally-to knock off powder (from a powerful person's "shoulders).

Boche Unknown origin, meaning stern rebuke or reply.

HB