sport fishing

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The subject of fishing, deepsea, from the beach, in rivers and lakes, has come up a number of times in the past. Click the "search" button at the top of this page and do a search for fishing. You will get a long list, many of doubtful value, but you will find a large number with subjects that make it evident they are on the subject of interest to you. After that, if you still have questions, come back and post them.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
What is your definition of "Sport Fishing"? Inshore? Offshore? Billfish? Tarpon? Dolphin? Snook? Trolling? Baitcasting? Spinng? Fly Fishing?
Fresh Water? Salt?
Be a little more specific please!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
FYI: The major yacht clubs all have deep sea fishing available. Now there is some catch and release mentality, finally, but these guys are mostly "mine is bigger than yours" sorts....

"Sport fishing" in the DR is an oxymoron.

HB

floridabob

Dec 13, 2002
Hillbilly:
Traveling through the hills of DR I've noticed quite a few streams that seemed clean (don't really know if they are are not). Anyway are there any catchable fish in these streams or rivers or have the locals 'fished them out' for food?

onionhed

Dec 11, 2002
I was wondering about Dorado/sailfish/marlin on the north coast. Not interested in killing billfish but love to eat fresh Dorado on the beach.
Thanks.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Dorado

Been bill fishing for 25 years and practice catch and release. Killed alot of dorado though. Sure, there are plenty off the north coast. Try hooking up with somebody reputable in the Puerto Plata area. My guy left and returned to Florida but if you do a search on this board you might find a charter.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
At either Luperon, POP or Monte Cristi you can find people to take you out...

RE: Streams...I don know think that there are any trout native to the DR but I am not the person to ask about it. I have never seen any, that is for sure. They have stocked the lakes with fish: Tilapia and bass; ie., the lakes made by the dams--Hatillo, Tavera and others, I've heard. There are BAss Clubs here, anyway..

HB

I just received the news that Mr. Leon Jimenes has stocked a few streams with rainbow trout....Have to look into that....