American women living in DR

jrshd9

Oct 31, 2002
To the point of coming for an extended visit to make sure what I think is reality, hope it is. Never seen it mentioned so I will ask, are there many American women on the North Shore?

Thanks
\
jrs

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, there are a number of North American women living on the North Coast. Some are widows, some divorced, others married. Some live here year around, some during the winter months. They are scattered around, but they are here. I live in El Neptuno, a small condo complex in Sosua. Right now there 4 North American women and one from England in residence. There is also another North American woman living in her home just a few doors away. I am not trying to say that 5 is a lot, only that in just this one small area there are 5. In and around Sosua are a number of others, have no idea how many.

jrshd9

Oct 31, 2002
"Guess What" or is that Whom........................

Never am, even when I am alone!!

Thanks for the reply
jrs

Peregrine

Feb 14, 2003
Just for the record, in the whole of this island called Hispaniola, including both countries, the overwhelming number of women are Americans. I think you are all referring to what I call Usawomen. Would it not be better to remember that your country only forms one part of two continents, joined by a populated isthmus and including many islands?

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Peregrine said:
Just for the record, in the whole of this island called Hispaniola, including both countries, the overwhelming number of women are Americans. I think you are all referring to what I call Usawomen. Would it not be better to remember that your country only forms one part of two continents, joined by a populated isthmus and including many islands?

Peregrine,we(citizens of the USA),refer to fellow citizens of the USA as Americans not Usapeople or whatever you like.Thank you for attempting to make Americans look stupid but I am sure that most of us understand the concept of North and South America.I can see from your posts that you have some built up frustration.Might I suggest watching a few episodes of "Father Ted" or go into your video archives(I hope I am not using this word improperly) and watch some episodes of "Benny Hill".They might cheer you up.
Larry

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Larry,
We have never fallen out & I have no desire to do so now, BUT,.... Surely what Peregrine was saying is correct so why get so upset? Why not differentiate between North & South Americans? There is North Korea & South Koreans (they are rarely called KOREANS these days. In the US of A you have North Carolina & South Carolina, North & South Dakota, but I don't hear people from there calling themselves Carolinans or Dakotanians. As you are most likely aware, there used to be East & West Germany until they were fortunately re-joined together as ONE country, they ALWAYS referred to themselves as either East or West Germans.

Perhaps Citizens of the United States of America SHOULD refer to themselves as USAdians or North Americans??? Ahh, but then we have the problem of the Canadians ....THEY are citizens of NORTH America too, so why are they treated seperately?
Are citizens of Puerto Rico North Americans, USAdians or Puerto Ricans?

Coming from a United (????) group of individual countries, I know the problem the USAdians are facing. Although we are generally known as Brits. (short for BRITISH) or English, we have Northern Island (Irish), Scotland (Scots), Wales (Welsh) & England (English) in that total catergory. There are also those from Guernsey & Jersey to consider, what do we call those?? Each dislikes being called the wrong title. Why do we still have the United Kingdom tag too & should that not be United Kingdoms, with an 'S' at the end? We have the added problem of also being EUROPEANS - perhaps being from that unified(???) community, we ought to drop all the "Brit", "English" historical stuf & just refer to ourselves as Europeans?? Yuckkkkkk!!

So don't blow off steam 'Old Chap' - there is a germ of wisdom in what is being put forward. Just consider it a little bit longer & with a bit more depth/perception & you will see the logic that is there.

Regards - Grahame.

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
Actually Grahame, Both folks from the North and South of Korea want to be known as just Koreans. I agree with Bush that you are being a bit nit picky mate! I think you got the point of the original post.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
BushBaby said:
Larry,
We have never fallen out & I have no desire to do so now, BUT,.... Surely what Peregrine was saying is correct so why get so upset? Why not differentiate between North & South Americans? There is North Korea & South Koreans (they are rarely called KOREANS these days. In the US of A you have North Carolina & South Carolina, North & South Dakota, but I don't hear people from there calling themselves Carolinans or Dakotanians. As you are most likely aware, there used to be East & West Germany until they were fortunately re-joined together as ONE country, they ALWAYS referred to themselves as either East or West Germans.

Perhaps Citizens of the United States of America SHOULD refer to themselves as USAdians or North Americans??? Ahh, but then we have the problem of the Canadians ....THEY are citizens of NORTH America too, so why are they treated seperately?
Are citizens of Puerto Rico North Americans, USAdians or Puerto Ricans?

Coming from a United (????) group of individual countries, I know the problem the USAdians are facing. Although we are generally known as Brits. (short for BRITISH) or English, we have Northern Island (Irish), Scotland (Scots), Wales (Welsh) & England (English) in that total catergory. There are also those from Guernsey & Jersey to consider, what do we call those?? Each dislikes being called the wrong title. Why do we still have the United Kingdom tag too & should that not be United Kingdoms, with an 'S' at the end? We have the added problem of also being EUROPEANS - perhaps being from that unified(???) community, we ought to drop all the "Brit", "English" historical stuf & just refer to ourselves as Europeans?? Yuckkkkkk!!

So don't blow off steam 'Old Chap' - there is a germ of wisdom in what is being put forward. Just consider it a little bit longer & with a bit more depth/perception & you will see the logic that is there.

Regards - Grahame.

Hi Grahame,'
The reason why I replied the way I did to Peregrines post is that he has obvious anti-American undertones to his posts.As well as this, he popped up in another thread being very snotty toward Robert and Dolores for reasons known to them and when Robert refused to take the bait, Peregrine continued with the childish act. I am not brown-noseing here....I never met Robert....but I do know that he is a class act and I just got turned off by the public insults.Aside from all that I agree form everything in your post Grahame.By the way..how is the golf game doing?I hope to meet up with you on my next trip.
Larry

By the way..I jusy re-read his post and it looks like Peregrine edited the nasty part of his post out after I replied the way I did to make me look bad.Haha..pretty sneaky.If you look at the time of his original post,the time of his edit is over an hour and a half later.

Larry

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Larry,

Don't worry about peregrine. He is just one of those types that needs to bash the US to build up his low self esteem. He just hates the fact that where he is from is becomming inconsequential. Both Politically and Culturally.
Those of us who remember his rantings in the old Santo Domingo News are quite tired of his tripe

BTW I have never met anybody in my travels thrughout Central and South America refer to themselves as "Americans"! They are either, Dominicans, Panamanians, Peruvians....ect!

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
BTW I have never met anybody in my travels thrughout Central and South America refer to themselves as "Americans"! They are either, Dominicans, Panamanians, Peruvians....ect!

Tony, that was precisely my point wasn't it??? They are all Americans in that they come from the AMERICAN continent, North or South!! They have an accepted name for their country in that THEY have an accepted & individual culture (from their historical backgrounds) whereas as yet USA does not. Citizens from the US of A should probably call themselves something other than Americans, to create their own identity rather than suggesting that the whole of the American continent is 'theirs'. Okay, USAdians is perhaps NOT a suitable name but something other than Americans.

My GOD, I've just thought this through a bit more. What a mess we will all be in if this suggestion takes place - what will CIA be called? What will we have to call the President? All the other official bodies that have "America" (without the United States part) in their title will have to be changed too!!!! Maybe we ought to just let the North Americans rule the WHOLE of the American continent!!!

Now THAT ought to create a bit of controversy!!!!!! - Grahame.