First night in Sosua Jan 30

jjakque

Sep 16, 2002
I will be arriving in Sosua in time for supper on the 30th Jan.
Where should I have supper?
Where can I sleep that first night?

I am 55 and she is 48. We need a place where they won't object to my guitar and singing around the pool. We don't want A1 cause I must go to Santo Domingo on business for at least three days.

Do they still rent motorcycles in Sosua and can they be driven to Santo Domingo? I know some of you will want to warn me about the hasards of the road but I've driven in the DR and feel that I am up to it. A couple of years ago, a timeshare salesman in Playa Dorada would rent me his Samurai for 30$ U.S. per day and I went to Santiago, Luperon and Cabarete. Naturally, I don't remember how to get a hold of him but if anyone knows of this type of deal I would be gratefull.

If this trip works out the way I hope it will, by next December, there will be 2 new expats living in the sun.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I am in Sosua right now.If you want a place to play your guitar by the pool I think you should stay in Villa Chessa.It runs around $30 per night.However..itr is on the outskirts of town and if you want to stay there you might want to rent a car.With reguards to the moto..I tried to rent one the other day and the nearest place that has them is Cabarete which is 15 minutes away.I am not sure why..I might not be looking in the right place.As far as where to eat.There are many nice restaurants along the main street.I suggest that you just walk along and see what suits your tastes.For a place to have a few drinks in an english speaking environment go to either the Britannia or Rockys.Guys like Ken,Johnny Honda and Jazzcom might be able to give you more help.Hope you have fun.
Larry

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Try Eddy from condos dominicanos he usually has something,as for bikes theres a place in Cabarete that rents but I dont know the cost.
Johnny:bandit:
Drop by britania pub when you get settled in cause its my birthday on the 30th you can play some tunes if you want.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sure Condos Dominicanos would not mind having music by the pool...Give them a hoot. www.condosdominicanos.com I think it is...
And for God's Sake, take a bus and leave the driving to us....

The highway does nothing but bury 3 and 4 a day. There is no pity for little bikes, you ride on the side of the road or get blown away by buses and trucks and SUVs...why go thru the hassle?

HB

jjakque

Sep 16, 2002
Happy birthday to you

I,ve already started singing and can't wait to get there. By the way, the link for condos dominicanos is dead but I will find the site anyways. I,ve been thinking of the Waterfront as maybe a nice place to settle in for the first couple of days.

I must go to Santo Domingo for an afternoon and then on to Samana for 2 days or so. Public transportation to the city, taxi around the city, find a place to stay.... It just seems easier to me if I am in control of the transportation.

Jack

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Listen to HB about the Bike to Santo Domingo. You would sooner give yourself a circumcision without drugs.

Caribe Tours has cheap, A/c transport to the Capital from Sosua. The owner of this sight takes it instead of driving his own car to Sosua. I drove a rented car but the signage is non Existant for the most part and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get where I was going. Even after doing it once I had a hard time again the second time. There is one sign and after that you don't see signs and the roads end.

If you were singing around a pool that I was at I would ask the management to stop you or I would move to another place. I don't feel that when I want to relax I should have to indulge someone else so I may be the wrong guy to ask that question.

Rockys has good decent food and Marco the guy that owns the place is a great guy to hook up with for advice on the town. He even has a few rooms that he rents out that you may want to stay your first night in but he has NO pool. You can walk to the beach from his place and play your guitar there and even attract some people that enjoy it.

Have fun
Scott

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
last i checked nice new yamaha 125 dirt bikes were renting at 25$/day in rio san juan...

driving to the city on a bike would be suicide. Someone would run you off the road just for the fun of it...

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Ignore Jazzcoms comentabout the music hes had a rough trip hes not usualy a pain in the ass but!!!!!
Johnny

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Taxis are RD$60 pesos most places in Santo Domingo. You get off the bus, get in a Taxi and say: "Llevame a _________! " If you can do that you are in like Flynn...Bus to Saman? is easy-Metro has two a day (9 .am. and 2 p.m. more or less) and Caribe Tours has more. About a four hour trip....Four hours on a bike,???? my aching
back (and lower.....)

HB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Stop speaking for me JH. Next time I will slap the Tats right off of you! LOL

I couldnt believe that bartender thought you were a serious person and I wasn't. So much for bartenders! Gonna find me a real woman with half a brain!

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Shit Scotty now you got me quaking in my boots,I wasent speaking for you I was telling the guitar man to ignore your statement,
Johnny:bandit:
What part dont you believe,shes known me a long time and I am a serious person.

Last edited:

jjakque

Sep 16, 2002
Disregarding your advice

I appreciate your advice and concern, but I have a Harley waiting for me in Cabarete and now I need input on how not to get it stolen at night.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
If you have a harley waiting for you in Cabarete you dont have to worry about getting it stolen,all the people I know of that own harleys in Cabarete dont get things stolen from them.
J.H
Bens place or 81?:bandit: