Diving in DR

potsy

Dec 10, 2002
my fiance and i are arriving on jan 16 to dr from vancouver canada. we have just spent the last year in thailand working as diving instructors and are going to try our luck in DR. does anyone have any advice as to where we would have the best luck. Also we will be looking for a cheap place to stay in punta cana upon our arrival. If anyone has any advice or info it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Please clarify, potsy. Are you asking where you should dive, or where you might possibly find work as dive instructors?

potsy

Dec 10, 2002
we are looking for work, preferably in an area with very nice diving. It was suggested to us to go to Bayahibe. Do you dive Ken?

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Potsy
If you try Sosua you could send an Email to Brad or Patty Gordon via their web site at NorthernCoastDiving
Johnny:cool: Its alot cheaper to live onthe North coast than the south and you have a way better variety of social life.:bandit:

potsy

Dec 10, 2002
Thank you for your help and advice. I have emailed the company you reccomended. You are all great.

Cheers, potsy

BlackJack

Dec 5, 2002
Hey Potsy im of there to train for my dive master soon ,did 20 dives in the area around Sousa in Nov ,good diving.

let me know how it goes ok ,keep in touch and best of luck with your job .
Blackjack

potsy

Dec 10, 2002
hello people!! Thank you, I've gotten a response from Northern and it sounds promising! Does anyone know of any cheap places around Sousa that you can reccomend for long term stay? Once again thank you for your help

BlackJack

Dec 5, 2002
HI Potsy i did some dives with sea pro while i was there in Nov , but here in england its too cold to do the dive master, ok call me a wimp but its so cold here in the water , i do dive in England but i hope to do the thereory in England and all my training dives with them later this year , I found all the guys and gals very friendly and pleasent ,best of luck finding a job and perhaps we will meet up ....Blackjack