Golf at Playa Dorada Golf Course

LindaCoedy

Dec 30, 2002
We are going to the Gran Ventana at the end of January. Has anyone golfed here. My most important questions is it easy to get early tee off times? Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Absolutely no problem. It is a nice Robert Trent Jones course, lots of sand, water and wind. Close to 7,000 yards from the tips.

If you need a playing partner, put out a call for BushBaby on this board....

HB

NewtoDR

Nov 23, 2002
HillBilly - What is a GOOD tip for a Caddy ??? I was unsure what to tip when I was there so I think I overtipped at 250 Pesos each round.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Yeah, yeah, yeah - give me a call LindaCoedy!!! I LOVE the excuse for an afternoon on the golf course!! E-mail me or ring me when your here. I am in the 'phone book & I am pretty sure I am the only BUSH in it for Puerto Plata!!

Re tipping caddies: RD $250 is a GOOD tip for the caddy, assuming a round is 18 holes (pay just over half for 9 holes). Pay that if he has been good & effective to improving your round. More normal is US $10 or RD $200. Some are going to be unhappy with RD $200 & will probably ask you for your golf shoes or a club (which they later re-sell) but don't succumb to that request unless it is INSTEAD of a tip & possibly for more than one round!! You pay RD $150 to the caddy booth when you start & the caddy gets some of that (I think about RD $100) so RD $200 more is a reasonable retudrn for 4 hours work here!! Ask for Ramon, Ignacio, Luis, Antonio (the SANE one, not el loco!!) or Rafael & tell them I put you in touch with them so you will be reporting back to me on the service they give you!! That should keep them up to scratch as they quickly come OFF the recommendations list if I get any bad reports!!
Anyone wanting a game up there, just give me a call!! - Grahame.

Last edited: