ADSL lines

Mikeyb

Jan 13, 2003
Hi

I am thinking of moving to La Republica Dominicana and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the availability of ADSL lines and their prices? Also their availability and the time the telco company takes to install them?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

my mail is mikeb@andersensteinberg.com:ninja: :ninja:

Mikeyb

Jan 13, 2003
ADSL

Ken
Many thanks. No idea really. CAn you only get them in certain parts of the Island?
Many thanks
Mike

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No, I believe you can get DSL most places on the island. In Sosua CODETEL is the big player, but I understand in Santo Domingo and perhaps Santiago there is strong competition. Hopefully others will post with more info on other parts of the island.

Mikeyb

Jan 13, 2003
Ken

Many thanks, appreciate your help. Do they do chesp phone calls to the US and Europe as well there.

Thanks

Mike

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Codetelt seems to be the only ADSL player in SD as well. I have their VIP Plus plan, which is or should I say was, 1450 pesos per month. It is supposed to provide 384 DL and 256 UL. Running the bandwith tester from ZDnet, I got 462, which is OK. There are faster plans available as well.

Be prepared to wait a LONG time for installation!

sanchegp

Nov 18, 2002
Last time I visited Jarabacoa, I went to an internet cafe where all PCs had DSL. Since Jarabacoa is such a tiny market and and DSL is available I suspect you can probably find it just about anywhere.