Animal care in Sosua, urgent!

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Could anyone please help me with a telephone number of somebody who might look after dogs, that are being mistreated?

There are about 20 dogs locked in since several days, in some of the empty stores in the "Plaza Galeria Central" in Sosua, Calle Dr. Rosen, just in front of what used to be Woodys Hotel.
The floor of these locations are covered with shit and no fresh air gets in there. I bet it's incredibly hot in there and you can smell iit just passing on the sidewalk. The dogs are barking like hell all day.

I have no clue who is in charge of this place, but it can only be some mentally disturbed person, doing such a thing.

Would it be in another country, I would have called the police by now, but here I don't think that one can expect a lot of help.

If anyone knows how to get hold of someone who has a key, or how to contact the owner, or knows how to solve this quick, please help!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The person who can put you in contact with the right people is Judy at 571-1167 or Dr. Bob (how he is known by everyone because last name hard to spell and pronounce--he is a vet) at 571-2286.

ajicaribe

Dec 5, 2002
Gerd, you should contact the Police because thru them you may be able to contact the Department of Sanitation, or Sanidad in Sosua.

I know they helped me in the past because I once reported an issue with a horse around the Brugal factory in POP and they sent someone to take care of the issue.

HTH

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Widman of Woody's hotel moved them here from his farm. I've been told they are well fed and watered. As for the rest, talk to him and good luck.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Eddy, go take a look!

It cant be far from you!

They are left to die in their own shit!

You know the guy? So much the better! Call him! I dont believe it was his idea, but someones, who is in charge....

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I'll check it out tomorrow. As a rule he takes care if the dogs, but will have a look.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I went over there when I read this thread yesterday

There are 3 dogs locked up in there and the place looks disgusting from the outside.There is dog shit everywhere and the dogs look red eyed and sick.I was able to pry open one of the windows so at least they could get some proper ventalation until the authorities arrived and I wanted to try and put a bowl of fresh water in through the window but the dogs became vicious.I am going to take a walk over there now.Hopefully the proper authorities have done something.
Larry

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Wanna take a look?

Since I didnt know how to upload pictures to this forum, I have posted a few pictures in this public yahoo folder:

http://de.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/mac_call_rd/lst?.dir=/Dogs&.view=l

If one has seen only three dogs there, you were probably in a hurry, due to the bad smell.... there are dogs in four locals.

Last night I was told to speak with some "Papito" at the Ayuntamiento, which I will do today, if this won't help, I'll go to the Turismo office (Judys advice).

Let's hope they don't go about it in their usual slow motion....

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
well thats one way to keep some one from stealing the light fixtures, toilets and sinks..... The burglar would slip and fall before getting out the door