Please tell me where I was!

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
I hope someone can help me identify the name of the place that I visited, had a great time, but failed to note what the place was called!
It's west of POP, through a sugar cane field behind a tall brick chimney. A long walk along a river bed, and you arrive at a small shop that sells rerfreshments beside a beautiful deep pool at the bottom of a twenty foot waterfall. This is where the fun begins! You climb a ladder then you climb, swim and "are hoisted up" a series of water chutes! We went to the 7th chute which was a small waterfall pouring into a cave in the mountain. Apparently there are another 20 or so more water falls going up the mountain.
It was on an Outback Tour. Anyone know the name of the falls, the area, etc?
Also, there is a small community just a little west of Riu Bachata. The road through the village runs parallel with the main east/west highway then enters the highway several km west of Riu Bachata. Can anyone tell me the name of this village?
Thanks in advance!
Keith
ps: I had so much fun during my time there, that I forgot to take note of where I was!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Damajagua. Actually, the tours do things backwards. The best way to see this mountain is to walk up the mountain and then make your way down jumping, or through natural toboggans. Last time I went we had to use rapelling ropes because the water was too shallow at one point becuase it hadn't rained in a while. This is a real Disney World ride.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The falls are known as 'los siete aguas' but if there are more, they should be called 'los 27 aguas'.

Chiri

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Hey Dolores,

I've been to Damajagua (we call it Los Charcos) many times, but I didn't know you could climb up the mountain and then make it all the way down seeing all of the pools. That sounds awesome!! Can you give me more information about that route? I've never been able to make it past the 7th (or is it 9th) pool because it was too high, and the "liana" (I have no idea how this thing is called in english) broke when we were trying to make it up.