Casa Cuesta Home Store

domgirl1

Apr 5, 2002
I have a quick question on Casa Cuesta located on the 27 corner of Abraham Lincoln.

I'm looking for a store where i can buy some things for my home, but I want to be able to buy some modern looking accessories for the house. I heard something about this store and was just wondering if anyone has shopped there before and if they would recommend this specific place or any other.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Depends on what you want to buy. They have a lot of nice things.

Other places I would recommend are P?rtico, at Bella Vista Mall, and Novoteks, on Roberto Pastoriza, between Tiradentes and Lope de Vega. On Roberto Pastoriza you also have Cuccina.

domgirl1

Apr 5, 2002
Hey thanks for your reply.

Well in general I just wanted to buy like table linen, dinnerware set and other little things that I am missing around the house, that I dont want to have to ship if I am able to get it in DR. I know there are alot of places where I can get stuff but I'm looking for some decent prices. I'm not cheap by any means but some of these stores get out of line with the prices they have.

Out of the places you mentioned any that you would suggest more than others, having in mind my wallet. : )

Thanks again.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would whip what you are thinking about. You can use Business Mail to get the stuff into the country without much hassle...

e mail me if you need more info..

HB

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
I recently made the huge mistake of buying a comforter at Linens n' Things online and then had it shipped using one of the multiple mail forwarding companies in the DR (CPS, EPS, etc.), and it was deffinetly not worth it.

I like Novoteks a lot. Their stuff is nicer than what Cuesta has (smaller selction though) and the difference in price is not huge. If you need ironing boards, pots, pans and stuff like that then go to Cuesta, but if you're lloking for tableware then go to Novoteks.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
go to La Sirena or Plaza Lama on Duarte there you'll find reasonable dining ware and no too expensive...I would say that is where many Dominicans stock there house full of wares... the shops on Duarte are a little cheaper than those in Multicentro and other highend neighbourhoods. Plus you'll get the local experience of dust, heat and tons of people shopping. Just watch out for pick pocketers...

Also ask around, if you have a neighbour ask them to take you one day shopping in the local markets.

Last edited:

domgirl1

Apr 5, 2002
Thanks everyone.

I'll make sure to go both to Novotek and some of the other places both jojocho and kjdrga mentioned. I'll make sure to enjoy the dust and the heat. : )

I'll look around and see what I can find.

Thanks again.