28 Days Left

HeatherS

Jan 4, 2003
I cannot wait, I am so excited. My first time out of the states in my 23 years of living. My fiance and I were going to the DR to elope (his parents were born in Santiago). The family caught wind and now the whole family is coming. I am so excited I cannot even sleep at night.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Are you coming to Santiago??

Humm, might be interesting? Where are you going to get married.
Marriages by JPs can be done quick, but Church marriages take a little time. Have you checked this out?

HB

jbhermes

Sep 10, 2002
congrats

Congratulations, Heather! The Dominican Republic is a beautiful place to get married. We go back in February and I can't wait. Have a fabulous wedding!

HeatherS

Jan 4, 2003
It is all starting to fall apart. The gentleman that originally gave me an estimated price of $1000 has gone up to $2400 and now it is too close to the time to cancel everything, because his whole family has purchased tickets. I am so lost.....

Dec 9, 2002
It's only money! Only joking...

Don't get into a panic, sit back, take a deep breath, and think . I'm sure you'll find ways to reduce the cost if you are really struggling with it. But you need to take time to look at everything properly.

I'm sure it will all come out right for you, but don't let others draw you along a path you don't want to go down - whatever you do, do it to please you!!!!

HeatherS

Jan 4, 2003
I am going to do it after going over everything last night with him, but Louies Mom (my fiance) needs to pitch in for the extra 15 people that she invited to our ceremony, because there cost was another $500, and that is money that could help out alot. The photography is what is the makority of it $700 (but I get alot of pics and the negs) And his fee for all the planning, arrangements and trips is $500... so that right there is $1200, so only $800 really went to the wedding and reception. It is the little things that get ya.