bus from Santo Domingo airport to La Romana??

Outoftowner

Jan 15, 2003
Arriving into Santo Domingo airport on Saturday the 25th in the afternoon. Can anyone tell me the best way to get a bus or shuttle of some kind from there to La Romana? Are the availabilities greater on either weekend or weekday or does it make a difference?
Also, does anyone know of any reliable snorkelling trips we can take out of the La Romana area that you would recommend?

Thanks all

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
How is your Spanish?

You will have to take a taxi from the airport to say Boca Chica ( 10 Km/ 300 RD$)
which is closer than anywhere else - actually the Andres gua gua depot would be best I suppose or at the Burger King.

Then you wave down an eastbound gua gua to San Pedro. From there you find the eastbound gua gua's to La Romana. Which as far as I recall are not where the SP buses arrive, of course.

I am not sure if there are actually gua gua's from Boca Chica right through to La Romana but I think it is San Pedro first then La Romana second. And different buses.

Maybe 20 pesos each per gua gua trip. Good luck finding the transfer points and the crowds and lack of airconditioning though some gua gua's have it.

BTW, gua guas are little buses with maybe 20-25 passengers in OK through terrible shape.

Or since the taxis are maybe 1400 pesos or $70 for the whole lot of you less if you can haggle and play it safe.