hotel in El Millon SD

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, but I'd bet "peso a coconete" that there might be a family that would take in lodgers...Have to be on-site, however.
Ask Dolores, she might know. And the people at the school for the deaf? ("Deaf School" is sort of like oxymoronic???)
they must have some knowledge of their environs...

Oh what lovely rain we are having!!

HB

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Yes, I called the Instituto directly. They recommended the Delta, then retracted as there is a transportation issue. I was asked to call back Wednesday and they promised to have more info.

So, HB...was it maple syrup you wanted? Or really, that gritty soap stuff. I booked tickets about 5 minutes ago :) :) :) In case you can't tell I am smiling from ear to ear.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maple syrup. I'll make the pancakes....!
Darn phone book isn't much help...sorry...I'll keep looking..

HB

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
MaineGirl, been trying like Hillbilly to find a hotel location convenient to the school. However, the internet phone listings, hotel site maps, and hotel websites are useless. Most of the major hotels are located east of Ave Lincoln.

We really need help from somebody who knows the area.
Let's hope the school will be able to help on Wednesday.

I would suggest if no information can be produced, a better hotel near Ave 27 de Febrero be sought. You would be able to obtain regular bus, publico, or taxi transport. It is a main artery east to west that intersects with Nunez de Carceras which would then bring you to Ave. Luis F. Thomen. Regards, PJT

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Thanks for helping. I really appreciate it!

It would be nice to find a street map of Santo Domingo. I've been 2x but can't say I know my way around.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Being a resident of the area I have to admit that I don't know of any hotel close to El Mill?n that isn't located in Bella Vista. The closest is Hotel Delta as you had been told MG.

I tried.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
MG,
One of my wife's nephews goes to that school, and I used to live close to El Milli?n, so I'm relatively familiar with the area you're speaking of.
There used to be an apart-hotel on 27th not too far from the school, but I was recently told by my compadre that it closed.
As Pib says, the Delta on Sarasota may be your best bet (the Embajador is right there too, but it's far more expensive) -- you can hop a publico up Lincoln to 27th, then take a bus down 27th, if memory serves me. Actually, if it were me, I would even walk it, but then, I've walked from the Zona Colonial to Los Cacicazgos more than once and people think I'm nuts to do it...
Best Regards,
Keith

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I think you mean churchill? The Delta is closer to churchill than lincoln. The walk to 27 de febrero wouldn't be that bad, I'm just not sure how far the school is.

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I don't mind walking at all. Bear in mind that I'll have an 8 year old and her mom. Who knows, the little one will most likely be able to walk miles around us viejas.

Also don't mind the bus or a taxi. Depending on where we stay, I'd like to know a fair taxi price.

I feel so unfamiliar with the city. Can anyone make any comparison as to the size. I would like to have some ideas of what it will be like. Point me to the right website or written guide. I am all ears.

Last edited:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
rafael said:
I think you mean churchill? The Delta is closer to churchill than lincoln. The walk to 27 de febrero wouldn't be that bad, I'm just not sure how far the school is.
Rafi,
You are correct, sir! Sorry about that folks. Jeez, 3 1/2 yrs away from SD, and I'm already starting to mix up street names! Must be advanced age! :tired:
Regards,
Keith