Cafe Cito?

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
We will be at the Coral Marien 3/22/03. I have made reservations at the Cafe Cito for 3/24/03. Does anyone have any comments about the Cafe Cito. Customer comments on there web site are very positive! Any other suggestions?
John

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I was there last August, two times...it's located right in front of the home where I stayed.

We enjoyed both lunch (chicken caesar salad) and dinner (steak with sauteed vegetables served with yummy spicy mango sauce.) It was pretty close to US pricing but good service, good atmosphere. I think you will be pleased, it is right off the highway but it is nice (candles, tablecloths, nice plants around and a nice bar area.) Great tzatziki (sp) sauce, too!!

Across from them is "El Manguito" and there we had great food, the atmosphere was not as nice but it was delicious. (Kabobs and sea turtle--but now that I know the deal with the turtle I won't tell you to eat it--even though it was amazing.)

S

Stephen

TERRIBLE. Priced high. Obnoxious people. Many better places to eat in both Puerto Plata and Sosua for 1/2 the price.

CANUCK2

May 24, 2002
Cafe Cito

We eat here regularly. Hamburgers, garlic bread and pork chops are especially good. We've never been disappointed and are always treated well. Prices are reasonable although you're sure to find local fare for much less. Of course if you want something familiar you won't be disappointed.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Cafe Cito

Thank you all for the information. I will write a trip report upon our return home containing my impressions of the Cafe Cito.
Thanks
John

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Good food,great host and staff,most people are locals,never met anyone who was obnoxious to anyone who didnt deserve it.El Manguito across the street is my favorite Tipico restauraunt,try the turtle its there so its already dead and its an incredible meal.
Johnny:bandit:

Ron Anejo

Feb 12, 2003
Cafe cito Prices

When I first came to Sosua in 1983 a pepper steak at La Roca Restaurant in Sosua cost app. US$8.50. In Cafe Cito in 2003, an 8 oz filet mignon costs $8.67 (@22.50:1). So for the record, let's let Cafe Cito's prices speak for themselves:

Filet Mignon 20 0z Chateaubriand $18.89
Lobster $16.67
Surf'n'Turf $14.44
Shrimp Dinner $12.22
Filet Mignon 08 oz $8.67
Seabass $8.67
Shishkebab Double $7.56
Pork Chop 2pc $7.11
Filet Mignon 05 oz Tips $6.67
Pasta Parmesano $6.00
Chicken Breast 8 oz $5.33
Pork Chop 1pc $5.33
Pasta Capresa $5.11
Salad Greek $4.44
Salad Ceasar Chicken $4.22
Shishkebab Chicken $4.22
Shishkebab Pork $4.22
Pasta Bolonesa / G Bread $3.56
Chicken Wings 1lb BBQ $3.33
Garlic Bread $3.33
Moussaka $3.33
Cheeseburger Double $3.11
Vegetables BBQ $3.11
z / Caffe Cito $3.11
Pasta Pomodoro / G Bread $2.89
Salad Ceasar $2.89
Cheeseburger Single $2.22

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I don't believe this isn't a shill. Reciting the freakin menu and prices? Garlic bread the same price as a pound of Chicken wings? Something is fishy there.

Stephen said:
TERRIBLE. Priced high. Obnoxious people. Many better places to eat in both Puerto Plata and Sosua for 1/2 the price.

Common you quark, 1/2 the price in Sosua? WHAT about those expats doubling the prices in that town? LOL

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
go to eddys bar for that awesome meal they have duriong the week.Eddy we will be back in sosua in march with a NEW camera.Tell MCCORD TOP PAY HIS MONEY>we will be stayibg at europa SEE YA SOON BRIAN p.S WE HAD INSURANCE ON THE CAMERA AND GOT A NEW ONE

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Cafe Cito

Brian, I have read so much about Eddy's I will definitaly make a stop there. We plan on spending a day in Sosua. Eddy, see ya in two weeks!
John:cool:

wjtoll

Jan 1, 2002
buyyourownbusiness.com
cafe cito

had lunch there about 2 years ago and as a new yorker we found tim and a locol realtor interesting and very helpful . as for the food both my wife and i found it very good and not expensive. go enjoy.

Bill& linda

CANUCK2

May 24, 2002
The garlic bread is better than any I've eaten elsewhere --- better than chicken wings any day!

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
Tim is a very genteel host. Barbequed us chicken wings, more than we could eat. At an off hour. Expensive ? I was pleased.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have eaten at Tim's place and it was good. Tim is also a good host and a good source of local POP info!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What he said.

As a "local" we ( my family and I and my golfing buddies) don't eat much at restaurants. Cafe Cito is a good place. No doubt. They take care of what they prepare.

I love Los Manguitos, never eat turtle!! You just create demand, and demand kills turtles.

I also haunt Johan's on the road to Navarrete, about a minute past the entrance to RIU. Very local. Just fish and Tostones, cheap, with cold beer.....

Another great place on that same road is "Meka's" a place where they sell homemade sausage and will fry it for you right there! Gotta know where it is to get there, however, the locals know it....

HB

Last edited: