Info. On Punta Rusia

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
HI,
I'V BEEN TO THE D.R. BEFOR,BUT NEVER TO A PLACE CALLED PUNTA RUSIA......CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE ROOMS FOR RENT OR HOW I'D GO ABOUT TALKING TO SOMEONE THERE THAT SPEAKS ENGLISH. THANKYOU JUDY

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I imagine our resident expert on Punta Rusia, Hillbilly, will speak up soon. If not, he hasn't read this post yet, so P-mail him.

Have a great trip

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
HILLBILLY

HI,
I'M TOLD THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME INFO. ON A PLACE I'D LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT. PUNTA RUSIA, AND WOULD YOU ALSO KNOW IF PAUL AND BELGICA ARE THERE LOOKING AFTER A HOTEL OR RESTAUNT OF SOME SORT.
I'V LOST TOUCH AFTER THEY LEFT COSTAMBAR MONTHS AGO.I PLAN TO BE IN THE D.R. IN MID TO LATE FEB. FOR A FEW WEEKS AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEN AGAIN. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY HAVE. JUDY :disappoin

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I tried to send you a Personal Message but it was too long:
Don't know Paul or Belgica.
Here is what I wanted to send you--->>
There are two or three places to stay at Punta Rucia. It is absolutely beautiful, with calm seas and delightful breezes.
It does have little "No see 'ems" like gnats that are a pain but OFF or similar products work well. Snorkling and diving are interesting. You are WAY off the beaten path.
Paradise Tours, a German run outfit out of POP brings in a few bus loads every day to take people out to what is being called "Paradise Key" It is a sand knob with a few little sheds on it. Great for getting absolutely lobster red from all the sun...

Rainer Angermann operates a little hotel on the beach for Paradise Tours and they have the following numbers at the beach, not always available.
PH/Fax: 809 612 8499
Cel 809 543 0275
Puerto Plata: 809 970 7606 and fax-809 7676

Room rates are about $25 a night with breakfast
There is another place run by a Swiss-German named Wolfe and call Mr. Lobo, who has less elegant rooms with fans, but no stand by electricity, for less money, perhaps as little as $10 or $15 a night, also with breakfast. And his breakfasts are very good.

Finally, there was a luxury villa that rents out but I don't have the information on that. You can e-mail Ellen Burr at the following addie:
aliveandwellinthdr@hotmail.com

Ellen can give you the details on that property. Just tell her the Hillbilly sent you..

Hope this helps,

HB

Last edited:

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
WELL I'M STILL JUDY, AND I AM VERY NICE.
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
BUT CAN YOU HELP ME FIND MY FRIENDS?????
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONCE
JUDY NICE

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
Punta Rucia Villa

I've stayed at the villa in Punta Rucia and it is beautiful. Here's the link. www.villaplaya.com
It is a bit pricey but the the French cuisine the cook prepares is wonderful.
Good luck,
CMS