I had to start someday......

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I'm kinda new to this site but I've been checking out the daily happenings in my country for 4 months on it. You all seem to be a tight family, albeit dysfunctional at times but everyone's family is like that, mine included. I wanted to join but due to my work schedule I didn't have time. Now it feels different, like I'm finally here......well a little about me: Dominican born and sorta raised, then left to Miami when I was 7 and didn't go back till about high school(which was a blessing in disguise) did high school and worked the whole time I was there and even got to work in Antena Latina for almost 2 years........then came back here and enlisted in the Air Force 9 months after that happened and it's been 10 months since that happened and got stationed in Langley AFB which is ACC HQ but enough of that already :tired:

I wanted to go back there cuz it's been a whole year since I went to the DR and it kills me to be in boring-a$$ Virginia where the only hispanic people are too far away to have fun with.....but I just make the best outta every situation. That island left an indelible mark on my brain and in these times of fake fanatical patriotism I declare my pride in being Dominican more than ever which is something that makes me feel good.

It was a beautiful experience living but for now I won't go back unless it's vacation time, but it sucks to think that my friends are hangin' out tonight in Tao Room or Schizo without me or just going to la Lincoln and watching all the "hijas de papi y mami" walk around and get crazy with us but oh well, that was the past......well I'll console myself by drinking una Presidente or a Cuba Libre.

Hey welcoming committee, don't give me the beatdown that every new member seems to get when they join, just give me a Presidente please.....hehehe well I gotta go for now just let me know your thoughts and Golo let me know what color is your Camaro, I'll have to take you on La Lincoln or something in a 30th Anniversary Camaro(you know, the one with the stripes going down the middle ;) ) and leave you dusted unless you souped up your car, then I'm just toast hehe

Take it easy

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Welcome...

My Dominican husband and I live near Fairfax, VA and I must agree he finds this place rather boring and there are little Dominicans around. Lots of Salvadoreans though....

If you ever get sick for some homecooked food there is a great Dominican restaurant in Tokoma Park, MD. It's called Manna, there is a review of it on Washingtonpost.com. Check it out.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are several other Dominicas in that area, including one that hasn't posted much at all, lately but she is a very smart one...Natasha, if memory serves.
And there are a lot of people that know the DR there in your area. Peace Corps has an organization there to continue helping the DR. If you reach out, you will find more Dominicans than you ever thought possible...

Nice touch, asking GOLO to do the stupid thing on la Lincoln...Just like the Mami and Papi kids....Oh well, the birth rate is still too high..

Welcome to the board, get smart and take advantage of the job you have and the opportunities it will bring your way...

HB curmudgeon for a day

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
Jon S.
I am kinda new as well, but I post and make comments on this board so I will say welcome! I am in the Air Force too, stationed at MacDill AFB in Florida. I'm not Dominican and I am planning my first trip to the country on Valentine's Weekend, no doubt I will love it there. Welcome!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Thanks Hillbilly, you always seem to be the wisest man on the board, I was just kidding about the racing stuff, I'd rather cruise and actually look at the girls. If I get the chance, kjdrga,
I will go up to the DC area and get some food in that place. Hey NL, where are you gonna go to in the DR? I don't know too much about the North Coast but I'm pretty sure you will have fun when you go there. I've got family there in Puerto Plata but it's been a few years since I've seen them or visited the area. Last time I went to el Cibao I went straight to Nagua with a few friends whose family is from there. It was nice and the women from that area of the country are gorgeous hehe.

Well I'm off to watch the Bucs take the "Traitors" outta commission(hopefully.....) gotta go

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
This.....

had to be foul play. How come Gannon throws 5 interceptions? I bet some Buc's fan put something in his coffee this morning.
Just kidding the Buc's where great!!! X.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Hey yall are yall really serious about a person having to post pics after a certain amount of posts? Man I don't wanna put my ugly ass face on the website. Then the women are gonna be asking to take the pics outta the website