Hello to everybody

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
La Vega where to stay?

Hello Everybody.

I am looking for some recommendations on some places to stay in La Vega.
I am taking Friday, Feb, 28th, off from work and stealing my wife from the kids, and go and catch the end of Carnival, out there. I would like to go Thursday ? Sunday.
I am looking for a place to stay near town, it would be great to crawl back to our room after celebrating. I am open to any suggestions. Also please comment if there is a better time to go.

Please help and make any suggestions you can.

Thanks
Tim & Mechi

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try calling Alpes Dominicanos at 809 223 0428 or 471 0328
They have a pool, it is cool and it is very beautiful and peaceful. NOT in the city. You drive up towards Jarabacoa (OH yes, you are living in H A I N A ).
You will be about 15 minutes from central city La Vega.

You drive up the Duarte Hwy, and you watch for the 4 (5?) tall smokestacks of the Union Fenosa generation facility on your left, get ready to turn off towards Jarabacoa. Follow the signs, very easy . You go by the side of the Zona Franca La Vega, past the Balneario Guayacanes and then up, up , up until you see the sign for Alpes on your left.. Be sure your car has good breaks.

Cordially,

HB

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Thanks Hillbilly

Thank You

But is your comment
(OH yes, you are living in H A I N A )
a dig??

I'm dense, tring to figure what you ment by that.

Tim H

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
2 hotels in La Vega

One of the girls at work here recommended 2 hotels. One is the Quinto Patio.
The other is brand new, very close to the 1st one and it is located in the N??ez de C?ceres Street ( Right hand after the light ). The name, she thinks, is HOTEL ASTRAL. But said I would have to ask in the area. And that I should ask around for the hotel owned by Do?a Ursula.

Anybody have better info on that please share it.
Also some recommendation for Santiago. since I might be staying there and go and party in La Vega.

Thanks
Tim H