Money Exchange

cmrincon

Dec 2, 2002
On the home page of the dr1.com it says $1.00 u.s.= dominican $22.11 when buying and $1.00 u.s. = dominican 22.50.

so there saying for every u.s. $1.00 = $22.11 pretty much so if i have $10,000.00 u.s. dollars is $221,100.00 dominican dollars/pesos is that right or did i do this wrong? That's just the way i understand it. Boy if that's the case then I'll be moving soon!

Now, for moving there i already have the papers to get a visa for dominican. I was reading somewhere that you have to have some sort of connection to able to get a visa from there, like to be married to a dominican, realestate, money i can't remeber on that one is this true or can i just have enough money and get a visa for there?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
US$10,000 is nothing, obviously you have never been to the DR or have no idea what it costs to live here. Maybe US$10,000 will be good for a 4-5 months. The again, we have no idea how you normally live...

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
cmrincon said:
On the home page of the dr1.com it says $1.00 u.s.= dominican $22.11 when buying and $1.00 u.s. = dominican 22.50.

so there saying for every u.s. $1.00 = $22.11 pretty much so if i have $10,000.00 u.s. dollars is $221,100.00 dominican dollars/pesos is that right or did i do this wrong? That's just the way i understand it. Boy if that's the case then I'll be moving soon!

You realize that the prices of things are not just US$ prices but expressed in DR pesos right? Like a thing you buy for $10 US in the USA may cost RD$250 or 300 so maybe MORE than where you live?

Using your logic: move to Turkey.

Your US$10,000 is worth $16,908,440,000 Turkish Lira. Holy cow, you are a BILLIONAIRE! Woo hoo!

Of course a Coca Cola costs 2 million Lira.

cmrincon

Dec 2, 2002
no i have never been there but what i was asking and you didn't understand $10,000.00 in us dollars what does that equal in dr peso how much that be in dr?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What country are you coming from? You may only need a visitor's visa which is good for three months.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry I should have asked are you a US citizen. If you are you will only need a vistor's visa to get into THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. By the things you have said in other posts it might be a good idea to take a trip there first and see what things are like and how much things cost.

cmrincon

Dec 2, 2002
Thanks again Anna, I will take a trip a.s.a.p. hopefully with my love who is from there which we are having problems, not us but he from prior doings that can never be undone.

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
Where did you meet your love? Did he/she live in Alaska?
Do you know you are going to a hot country. You may melt during the month of August.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
cmrincon

I have noticed several posts of yours concerning the Dominican Republic, mainly involving banking and a cashier's position at a bank. Why would you want to live in a country you know nothing about and without Spanish fluency? Determining the exchange rates should not be difficult for you basing that on your banking questions. With a meager existence, I could possibly last several months in the DR being spoiled by American standards with 10,000US. I am not trying to poke fun at you but if you can't determine exchange rates, asking questions in an earlier post regarding a cashier's job, and speak no Spanish; it would be moronic of you to even considering moving to the DR. Visit the DR first, take spanish classes, math classes, and even English classes because your posts have destroyed the usage of the English language. I am saying this because you claim to be an American from Alaska and with English like that, how could you possibly learn to write in Spanish?
dale7(dumbfounded)

cmrincon

Dec 2, 2002
To petaka, I met him here in anchorage, alaska. And yes I know it's hot he just came from back there for a vacation and got a paternity test, this girl and I mean girl, he is 48. she is 18. I can't believe he even married her but now he is talking divorce, he don't love her, his parents pushed the idea, how stupid can one be. I know how mexican's are with family but you don't marry just there is a baby, that would not be good for the baby in the long run, sorry i am running my mouth about this. He told me sorry. I wish I could have been there or I wish I could get a message to this girl there and let her know, he don't love her, ect.....among other stuff.

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
cmrincon

So I assume you are around the same age as this guy, you felt for him and you want to marry as soon as he's divorced.

Your english gives me a clue you are a native Alaskan, Indian or Skimo. We can probably help you here.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
oops! Must have been thinking of that hot long something yesterday that made me say the wrong words. Sorry but if you're a US citizen all you need is a tourist card not a visitor's visa.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Ill have to go with crisco on this the bullshit meter is vibrating,kinda smells like a dirty sock.:alien:
J.H.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
After doing a DR1 "search" on "cmrincon" I am now "READY"!

She? has made 18 posts,on 3 different forums,in the last 2 days! I guess I sshouldn't say "Chill Out" to someone in Alaska,but pop a few :Valim" at least!.....Dear "CM",You are an IDIOT!.Your Dominican man is using every "line" that Dominican,and for that matter all men, use on "The OTHER Woman"! First of all a 48 year old man in the DR wants to get into the pants of every 18 year old he sees,and so do I! We often are successful! "What A Country"! He has not,and never will,marry the 18 year old,or you either! If you are not under 30,or more likely 25 he is using you to keep his "TOOL" sharp,nothing more.It gets very COLD in Alaska,and a man has to make consessions because of that.I once spent 6 months in Antarctica,There was an old,fat,ugly "Kiwi woman there,who got better looking by the hour!!! His family is telling him nNOT to marry her,they don't usually like "Sister-in-laws". there was no paternity test,unless he has a lot of money for the girl to put in a "claim" for the baby.On one point you are right,he doesn't love her,but then he doesn't love you either! Stop asking questions about the DR,cause he will not be bringing you here! This place is like a "Candy Store" for men,don't bring a "Cold Sandwich" like you to a "Teenage Buffet" like the DR!!!! So enjoy your DR Man,but ddon't make any plans for a future in the DR with him,because they won't include you! Criss

cmrincon

Dec 2, 2002
Petaka: Yes I am he is 8 years older than me not like this little girl who is only 18. I am half Indian and half white. So what do you mean you can probably help me here? Yes I feel for him, He also does feel for me to.

one he is scared of serious committment, he does love me, he didn't tell me first our very good friend told me that he loves me and did want to lose me, that were going to be together. I would do anything for this man.

this morning he told our friend that we would pick back up after the divorce. That she is there and he is here and the marriage can't be, so he is going to divorce her, he told me to give him time. Some times I don't know about this man but that doesn't last for long. When acts like we aren't an item, he will twist it and act like a boyfriend even though were not because of one problem or another we didn't get off to a good start any ways he will always question me about going to this other store, and then he finally said don't talk to this good guy friend, he gets real jealous. I put up with only cuz i am crazy in love with him. that's engough. I just have to let it out.

We were together Sunday afternoon and now he won't be with me till the divorce, I don't even know why he cares what she thinks or even trys to honour the marriage in some way, because he doesn't even love her. This is a hot site, people answer right back and if they don't the read alot i have seen. thanks so much for your offer to help. This little girl more less trapped him didn't even tell him about the baby till she was one month old. and she told him yes/no its not your baby.