Bungee Jumping

Jenn

Sep 20, 2002
I am interested in bungee jumping in the Dominican Republic. I have been sedulously searching the Internet to find information; however, I am unable to ascertain anything. Does anyone have any specifics regarding this activity in the Dominican Republic, particularly on a bridge over water?

Thanks (in advance)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Why don't you just kill yourself where you live?

That would be much easier for all concerned! Would not have to ship your "remains" to your parents etc. I would not trust a dominican to rig me up,connect the "bungi" to a base,or have the cords in good condition. People die "Bungi-Jumping in the USA,Australia,England,and other "REAL" Countries! I can only smile when I think of a Dominican Bungi-Jumping "EXPERIENCE"! CRIS

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Its easy, just measure the height of the bridge, cut the bungee to length, tie it to your feet, tie it to the bridge and leap to your death...

:)

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
How about going to el Puente Duarte and trying from there? It seems to be a favorite spot for people and their crazed suicide attempts, er, I mean extreme sports.....

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Bungie Jumping, when done by a professional crew, is far safer than scuba-diving, horse-back riding, ATV touring (when also overseen by professional crews). This is fact which can be backed up by statistics.

The negative comments are driven by misunderstood fear - not fact.

There are several New Zealand/Australian outfits that operate safe and insured bungie jumping venues in a variety of touristic locations. However, it not quite as popular as it was in the 80's and early 90's.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
I wonder if the airlines have a bungee jumpers' special?

No security check - go straight thru.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Conchman

I like that "insured bungie jumping" to take care of the heirs.

Much better deal than Dr. Kavorkian offers.

BTW, I now know what those "world's wildest" shelas mean when they say that Aussie (and Kiwi) men are too wrapped up in boozing and other things to notice them.

Jenn

Sep 20, 2002
While I?m certain that you (Criss Colon) deem your superfluous opinion was pertinent to my inquiry; I am solely searching for information regarding bungee jumping, not to discover if you regard this precarious activity as evidently unsafe. Having said that, thanks for the attempt in amusement.

FYI: I currently reside in Santo Domingo and I?m always seeking new extreme sports. Bungee jumping is simply next on my list.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Jenn,

1st. Bungee Jumping is not a sport it is an activity.

2nd Bungee Jumping is not a "Extreme" anything. Just a Glorified amusement ride!

3rd When it comes to "Extreme" activities Criss's pass experiences are much more than you will ever experience.

4th If you truly want to experience an extreme activity I suggest a HALO jump or a few laps in a F-1 car!

5th This is an open board and you posted in the "General Fourm" Lighten up! You post here we are entitled and you should expect, commentary!

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
"sedulously searching" (borderline alliteration, Jenn!), "ascertain", "deem your superfluous opinion" (deem??), "precarious"...Such pedantic verbosity! Such antiquated verbiage! Pedantry reigns supreme in Jenn's realm!
Pull the 2x4 out of your "hind apperture", Jenn and speak English or Espanole ... please! What I "endeavor" to say is, "Spoke right, or I aint gonna hung round with you no more!" :)

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Jenn, there is no bungee jumping in the D.R. Dominicans consider it is too technical and expensive; no tape measure and they can't afford to pay taxi fare to the bridge for crew and equipment. They prefer to arrange a jump without a bungee with full payment up front.

Plus, the Gurkas have an leading edge on this type diversion, jumping from planes without parachutes. They have guarded its technology. Therefore, the Dominicans have no clue as how evolve their form of jumping recreation. Regards, PJT

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
If Dominican traffic doesn't provide enough of an adrenalin rush already, maybe you're ready to graduate to Russian roulette.

Is that more dangerous...hmm?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"YO!",Jenn,I have an "EXTREME SPORT" you might want to try!!!!

Nice to hear that you live right here in Sant Domingo!Why not put having unprotected sex with me next on your list of precarious an evidently unsafe activities!!!!!If you want,after we are done,( I really mean, "I'm done"!)I'll tie a few rubber bands together and throw you off the 17th street bridge.That should give you the "Rush" you are looking for!!!!! I don't know what all your big straight from your "Funk & Wagnal's" words mean,but I do hope you have a nice day!!!!CRIS CCCCCCcccccccccccCCCCCCccccccccc:classic: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lick: :lick: :smoke: :smoke:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
What is this crap about bungy jumping? You want to scare away your sankies?

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Criss, how dare you...

suggest that he put our supply of chicas at risk from him with unprotected sex?

I had even thought of that suggestion myself, but decided it was too risky for them.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
FYI: I currently reside in Santo Domingo and I?m always seeking new extreme sports. Bungee jumping is simply next on my list. [/B][/QUOTE]
Try this drink 2 bottles of 151 go to barrio vietnam and tell them you are here to teach their women how to phuck as Dominican men are all faggots,that will be the extreme sport to remember
J.H.
p.s. let me know when you do this as I really want to see this.

Jenn

Sep 20, 2002
For Criss Colon and Keith&Cris

What is with this hostility in regards to my choice of words? However, if my English is too enigmatic for your doltish mind, than my recommendation would simple be for you to work on cultivating your own English vocabulary before you attempt to procure Spanish. Furthermore, I merely inquired about bungee jumping on this site in anticipation of locating information, which I am obviously ineffective in doing so.

But hey, I do enjoy a good laugh and the above comments were mildly entertaining.