Is AeroContinente Airlines any good?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Im Planning a Trip from Miami to Santo Domingo and then On To Havana and Back..The Cheapest ticket I could find was with AeroContinente Airlines..But I have never heard of this airline..and would like to hear what your experiences have been like?
Are they reliable?
They sure seem to offer some good fares..but is there a Catch 22 with them?
Thank you!!

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
N6 & 9D

JC171,

Ok Aero Continente is one of the best airlines n South America, but you need to understand Miami-Santo Domingo is possible but then to Havana on Aero Continente Dominicana is the problem because these flights is still suspended the best is contact Aero Continente for more details....

here some reports from passengers flown on Aero Continente

ROUTE : MIAMI-LIMA

Home > Aerocontinente > Review
Date of Entry Tuesday 07th of May, 2002
Return Ticket? Yes
Ticket Class? Economy
International Flight? Yes
Frequent Flyer? Yes
Service marks (out of 10) 9
Flight on time marks (out of 10) 9
Comfort marks (out of 10) 7
Value marks (out of 10) 10
Would you fly with this Airline again? Yes
General comments?

My travel agent booked me on this airline due to the fact that both AA and LA "aka LP" were not available. I had a very pleasant flight, the entire 5.45 hr flight was very good, food was adequate.

I think locals should support their own national carrier. I will fly anytime with Aerocontinente.

for link go to http://www.carsurvey.org/air/review_2783.html

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Dear Samana1.

Now I see you say that Aerocontinente is the best airlie in Latin America. If your views are based on www.carsurvey.com well, what can I say, it is a level of prekinder. Anyway check Aeromar Airlines reviews on that website, what a mess!

Actually Lan Chile is considered as Latin America's leader airline, but in your sources may be it is not that way.

All I know about Aerocontinente is that in 2002 when they started to fly SDQ MIA SDQ they had huge delays, some flights were canclelled and passengers were transported by MX on next day. The inflight service in according to those ho used it was ok.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Aviastar

If you check what for problems, it isnt fould of Aeromar

Santo Domingo (and PUJ) - Madrid (licence rejection)
Santo Domingo - San Juan (Planet Airways fould licence problems)
Santo Domingo - JFK ( not Aeromar fould it os the fould of FAA cat2 country and the serive at SDQ airport Aeromar can rehelp this problem it isnt their fould but chreck the date.

So and you see nobody books Aeromar from Europe, now you have view why the problem and so.