Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question bus schedule: Puerto Plata -> Las Terrenas

Hi all-
    a friend and I will be landing in Puerta Plata on a Saturday (12:30 pm) with the goal of reaching Las Terrenas by Sunday. Does anyone have a weekend bus schedule (metro or caribe?) for the route between Puerta Plata and the Samana Peninsula? Can we even catch a metro or caribe bus from Puerta Plata or will we need to get to cabarete? sousa? Are the Gua Guas a better option?

Any advice that you can offer is appeciated.

Thank from a first-time visitor-

jon

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

A Caribe Tour bus leaves Puerto Plata for Samana at 7 am, 7 days a week. The town before Samana is Sanchez. Get off there, and take other transportation that will be meeting the bus to get to Las Terrenas. The vehicle from Sanchez to Las Terrenas will likely be a pickup truck or a van.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ken. We'll plan to catch the Carib bus to Sanchez. (Gua Guas or Publicos from there i suppose...)

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Puerto Plata to Sanchez

I'm resurrecting this thread almost a year later to see if anyone can give me advice on this bus for February 2004. I'm arriving at Puerto Plata on Saturday at 11am but would really like to make it to Las Terrenas that day if possible. Is there only one bus daily from Puerto Plata to Sanchez? If so, would taxis/guaguas be incredibly expensive for that trip?

Also, I need to make the return trip the following Saturday. Can anyone tell me the schedule for that route?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cyd

Post Thanks / Like

Default well, I should have looked harder!

After another search, I found a recent response by Ken about Carib tours only having one bus a day. Okay, so I guess I'll spend the night in Puerto Plata.

But I'm still in need of advice about the return. Can anyone tell me what time the bus leaves Sanchez to return to Puerto Plata?

Thanks!
    Cyd

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Cyd,
    The afternoon Caribe Tours bus leaves Samana daily at 4pm and passes through Sanchez about 4:30. The Caribe Tours bus station in Sanchez is now located on the main highway by Ondina's restaurant. Be there no later than 4:15pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Default gracias!!

Such a quick answer! Thank you so much!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Does a caribetour bus still run from sousa to Samana?

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hidden agenda View Post
    Does a caribetour bus still run from sousa to Samana?
    I don't know if they do or not.
    Here's the scoop.
    The Caribe Tours bus to Samana was cancelled years ago, leaving only a 6 AM and 7 AM departure from the Sosua police station on a half bus, known as the maroon bus for Samana.
    Then, some time ago, I remember a thread about the local transport boys kicking up a storm about Caribe Tours starting a North coast route again, presumably to Samana, with a bus depot in Cabarete.
    I never found out the end result, and their website below does show a schedule for Samana, so I suggest you phone them and find out.

Caribe Tours C. Por A.
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Samaná [/FONT][FONT=Arial]7:00 8:30 10:00 AM and [/FONT][FONT=Arial]1:00 2:30 4:00 PM[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Sosua [/FONT][FONT=Arial]531-3808[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Puerto Plata [/FONT][FONT=Arial]586-4544[/FONT]

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

And afterwards, maybe you can let us know here, to update the board...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast