Employees

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm obviously not a lawyer, but if they work daily on your premises then they are a employee. Being an employee entitles them to all the normal employee privileges and benefits.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
how you pay them makes no diference.
if they work only one or two days a week
they are contractual workers and do not
qualify for all the benifits, infact I believe the cut off is less then forty hours a week.
It would be prudent to have this all spelled out in a legal document.
i am not a lawyer either so better double check what i just claimed.
But i heard this from the office manager of a company who handels these cases this way successfully.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hell, I will go and hang out if it happens. I may even bring Pib!

I may even take the Job! Gringo bartender with 20 years experience working hottest bar in a college town. What do you think?

I use to get the whole bar going. I worked with a real fat bartender who, if he didnt get out of my way would get a shot of Southern Comfort in his back pocket. I use to rock the place.

I also specialize in food fights.

Zona Colonial here I come!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Hey Jazz, you and me buddy. Bartender to real estate tycoon back to bartender. Let's rock. Jan, sign me up!!!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
I'll take the drinks!!!!!!!!! BTW How much dough do you figure you need to open your Bisto Americana. Just curious.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bistro, Tom, "b i s t r o , and that is French.

Jan's Down Home Watering Hole!

Archie's, Where the Elite meet to eat.

Jan's Saloon.

Anything but "Bistro" . That conjures up visions of red striped awnings and little tables with old Chianti jugs and candles...Galoise cigarette smoke...

Naw, this will be a Cigar Friendly spot with good TVs, "honest" sandwiches and outstanding beers and liquors...

HB

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Jan, my hero...Any need for an excellent waitress?

I can also make a mean sandwich...a la Uruguaya!!!

HB...love the idea...<b><i>Jan's Down Home Watering Hole! </b></i>

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
How you pay an employee is irrelevant to the question of benefits. Every employee, except in certain cases which we'll not get into, has the right to paid vacations, Xmas bonus, liquidation pay, etc. This applies also to part-time workers.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ice cold Presidente Draft! Big TV with Sports Galore.

Jan's Joint It ain't another bar....

Might make me get my vehicles working to make it down there..

I can see it now: Big Sign:::::>

Tonight's Guest Barkeep: Hillbilly. No mixed drinks..He can't read.
Beer & shots....Cuba Libres iff'en you ask nice...

hehehe

Hb

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Jan
Count me in as the owner of the former Johnnys Rock Cafe in Sosua I would love to guest bartend for you when Im in town and best of all I dont need $$$ or drinks Ill work for sex,only cause its you doll.
J.H.:bandit: