Lost Balls

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Lost Balls

A man staggers into a Hospital Emergency Room acting somewhat dazed. His clothes are muddied, dirty and smelly, and there are multiple bruises on his face. Both his eyes are blackened and there is a five-iron golf club wrapped tightly around his throat.

"What happened to you?" asks the startled attending Emergency Room physician.

"Well Doc, it was like this," stammers the man, "I was having a quiet round of golf with my wife when, at that difficult hole, we sliced our balls right into a damn cow pasture. We talked about whether we should try to retrieve them and decided to climb the pasture fence to look for them. The field was full of cows and cow pies so my wife carefully walked one way and I went the other. While I was rooting around for my ball I noticed that one of the cows had something white sticking out from under her tail. So I went over and lifted her tail, and sure enough there's a golf ball with my wife's monogram on it stuck right in the middle of this cow's butt. That's when I made my big mistake."

"What big mistake, what do you do?" asks the doctor.

"Well, I lifted the cow's tail higher and yelled to my wife, 'Hey Honey, over here, this looks like yours!!' I don't remember much after that."