Please drive slower where children walk

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
For some strange reason we tend to be in a great hurry to drive where we are going,It is the only time you see people movng fast on this island,unfortunatly we are all too often not aware of the pedestrians alking roadside and there are many of them on every roadside in this country,I have had the misfortune of having a wonderful 14 year old nephews life taken from him last thursday by someone who was in a hurry to get nowhere.It is a very dear price to pay to learn to slow down ,the lady who killed him will have to live with it forever and our family will have to live without El Bebo forever,Please slow down when driving wherever your going will still be there later but the life you take can never be replaced.
Johnny

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Our Codolences to your Family.

I waited 9 months, befor I would even think of driving here.
In the Navy, I had an International drivers license.
I have driven in 18, Foreign Countries, and Manhattan NY, was a breeze.
But nothing prepared me for the drivers of motorcycles ( 4 people sometimes) and cars here.
I still will not drive after dark.
And my trips to the Capital, happen only in the early am.
Other wise, I still call a taxi that we used exclusively, before.

Again, your family has our sympathies.

Tim & Mechi

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
My Condolences Johnny. That is so sad. My prayers go out to you and your family

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Johnny, sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences.

D.R. what a culture, people going anywhere for any event plan to be late. Yet, they drive like crazy to get there. Why, if they plan to be late? Still trying to figure it out. Regards, PJT

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I always wondered about people who went to church, and then raced eachother go get out of the parking lot.
Sorry to hear about your nephew. Good luck to your family. As long as you remember the good times, El bebo will live in your hearts.
mk

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
So sorry to hear of your loss. It hurts to hear of someone so young to have been taken so needlessly. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and wish for the God of your knowing to wrap his/her arms around your heart. Your nephew will be with you always.

Tondra

one_more_wave

Feb 1, 2003
Johnny, hope we get a chance to meet....a big heart and sound advice go hand-in-hand....and yours captured mine.

Hopefully, we can meet up....As a both a father and uncle, I feel your loss too.

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Johnny,

my condolences for you and your family, as a mother that has always been one of my greatest fears. Your newphew will live forever in your heart and that of his family. God Bless.

Lina

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
My prayers are with you and your family also, JH.

"El Bebo" is in good hands now...remember that always!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
My condolences to you and your family JH. I hope you find peace within yourselves.

You can honor El Bebo by making this your lifelong crusade. Keep telling people, keep repeating it.

WendyPavo

Dec 13, 2002
I am so sorry to hear of your loss!!
It's a tragic lesson that's been learned so many times over!!
If only people would heed the errors and recklessness presented in days prior to these, such misfortunes would not continue to occur.
May time and good memories help to heal your pain.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Johnny Hey man, there are no words to express the pain. We are not made to lose the youngones. God Speed El Bebo...
We join in your moment of loss.

HB & family

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
So sorry to hear of your loss, like Pib said, keep up on repeating it
and maybe more people will listen.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I am only reading this now, Johnny...I told Angel, and we're very sad for your loss. Angel knows your nephew, your family is in our thoughts. He says El Bebo was quite the baseball player, and was a great kid...
Once again, so very sorry...
God bless

Last edited: