Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Just want to complement everyone for their reports.
    I almost feel like I am there listening to 10 experts
    reporting the news.

M

Post Thanks / Like

Default all quiet on the northeastern front

Nothing to report from my location. Yesterday passed quietly, I think the nearest trouble was in Nagua. Even the pitt-bull wars down the road seem to have abated.

Chirimoya
    Las Galeras

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Peralta in the campo and there was no problem. My Dominican friends told me not to go but we went anyhow and so glad I did. It was so wonderful there.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything was so subdued I would like to think that common sense prevailed. However, I also think the cost of gasoline is so high rioters cannot afford to torch tires. Regards, PJT

Motorcycle MANIAC
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Huelga?????
    Forget it if you dont realize it yet the huelga failed because of the main economic reality in this country corruption,yes ladies and gentlemen corruption even rules the people of the working class,our favorite burro was smart enough to buy off all the leaders of the major unions in this country so no organisers no huelga,divide to conquer what a country.
    J.H.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely right, Johnny. Hippo neutralized the leaders of the opposition through pay offs of one sort or another. This was made clear by an item in the dr1 news summary the day before the huelga, stating that the leader of the transportation union, for example, had been bought off with a contract for hundreds of buses. Further evidence that the people who should be leading the charge against government abuse are feeding at Hippo's trough is in the thread golo started today regarding the armored jeepeta.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just like to report that all is quiet in Woodstock NY as I type. Nothin burning!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything too frozen here to burn .

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

FROZEN THAT'S THE WORD.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF HERE "WINNIPEG,MAN.CANADA"
    Just another few weeks of this **** we call the seasons of a wonderland....wonder why we still live here that is !!!
    Just a little wine...I hope to meet some of you while I'm in the D.R. for my next visit.
    This is a great way to see the place , with so many diffrent sets of eyes.
    I'm so glad i found DR1 JUDYISNICE

Post Thanks / Like

Very very very cold here on the frozen wastes of the northeast coast... we even had to turn the fan off the last few nights, and sleep with two sheets instead of just one or none....the locals are wearing wooly hats and anoraks while the tourists are in the usual tropical garb.

Chirimoya

Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast