Music Industry In DR...

Nathan

Titanium
Feb 3, 2003
I am an American Born to Dominican parents. I grew up most of my life in the DR.

I am planning on going to the DR for 3 months to check things out. If it's livable and if I like it, then I will stay.

I really don't worry about economy because my family is a prominent one and well off. I do however want to make my own fortune in the Music industry.

Right now I own my own recording studio facility, which is equiped with state of the art digital recording equipment. I was planning on moving that down there.

I checked up on the web, the so called "best recording studio" there and found it to lack technology and to be quite retro."

I was wondering, what are the odds of me becoming succesful there by bringing in the most current and state of the art technology..to be successful in my field?

Another thing, I am ashamed of Merengue now a days. It has no content and no beauty. Colombians andd Puerto Ricans are the only ones really doing anything worthwhile right now. I miss Juan Luis Guerra (the only artist there that I respect and admire).

I can't believe the corruption there and that to this day, the light still goes out!

I've been to Indonesia and all kinds of poor 3rd world countries and the light going out was not an issue (except Phillipines). They even got worse economies that the DR....

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Everything is a possibility especially with a fresh perspective. I have seen a few of the recording studios, but they were in the north coast and in Santiago. I am not familiar with the Capital.

You may want to see if your family since you have connctions there can get you in contact with Jose Amable Frometa, he has worked with all the big names including Juan Luis Guerra, and toured with Marc Anthony. Last I knew he was in the capitol when not touring or in the States. He or someone from his office may be able to get you a little more connected there.

Nathan

Titanium
Feb 3, 2003
Thank you! I will inquire about him with my family as to find a back door in!