Internet Access/Laptops/Cell Phone/Mail

diveniks

Feb 3, 2003
I'm headed to Costambar for a six month stay. What will I find in the way of internet access? I'm bringing my laptop, but do not have a phone as of yet.

Also, what can I expect in the way of cell phone service and mail? Will I be able to get a post office box, etc?

Thanks for your input.

S

Stephen

I live in Costambar. In order to have internet access IN costamabar you will need to have phone service. Codetel would be your best bet. Both dial up and DSL (Flash, they call it) IS available in Costambar. Until then, there are plenty of areas where you can log onto the internet, ie: supermarkets, small corner internet shops etc. for fees of only about $RD30 peso per hour. ($1.25+- US). In regards to cell phone service, IN Costambar the BEST signal right now is from ORANGE since they have a tower right here. (I have all my employees on Orange for signal purposes with prepaid phones) but I have Codetel with a regular billed account. Signal with Codetel is OK in most of Costambar but when you get to the beach or the extreme WEST side of Costambar the signal fades whereas ORANGE is strong. I would stay away from TRICOM or CENTENNIAL.

diveniks

Feb 3, 2003
Thanks Stephen. Can you give me any idea as to what it would cost to have a phone installed in a condo at Manana Hoy? Also, is there a possibility that my Sprint phone(digital/analog combo) will work down there, if I have it prgrammed for that service?) Appreciate the info...