hair salons--girls only thread

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Can anyone recommend to me a good salon in POP or SD. My husband almost fainted when I told him how much $$ it will cost to get some foil highlights here. Dutifully I told him I'd check my resources. It's going to cost me over $100 here--are the prices comparable or is there a deal lurking??

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I ain't no girl but "She that must be Obeyed" says that she gets a good deal in Jack Tar Village hotel. Ramona, the hairdresser in there, will sort you out well if you go in & use "Ginnie's" name as a means of introduction. US $100 for foil highlights??? No ever loving way! I could get my bald patches (front back AND sides) remoulded for that!!!! - Grahame (a liberated man!!).

La Profesora

Jun 23, 2002
Can't give you exact prices, but Salon Digna on Doce de Julio in Puerto Plata is good. She did my daughter's hair for a special occasion and charged 300 pesos.

The going rate for a color retouch, assuming that you have your own color, is around 200 pesos. Am not certain about highlights, however.

Hope this is some help.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is usual for women to bring their own coloring agents and sometines their own "equipment" needed to do their hair. You will find excellent places in SD and STGO and POP for your "work"
My daughter or wife can help you out here. (since you had better touch base here, or else!)

Email me!

HB

DOMINICANA

Feb 7, 2003
There are some excellent professional places in Santo Domingo where you can get them for around 50 dollars.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Dominicana:
Can you give me some specific names/locations? Will I need to bring my own stuff? (I do have the desired color in a professional brand.) Are "walk-ins" welcome?
Thanks!
MG

sjoekik

Feb 7, 2002
Mainegirl,

In Santo Domingo I go to Hermanos Due?as, Paseo de los locutores, tel. no 565 7775 but you needn't make a reservation, I never do.
The lady who does my highlights is the best colorist I ever had, and I am VERY fussy about my colour.

Email me if you need to know more.

K

DOMINICANA

Feb 7, 2003
HERMANOS DUE?AS is very good and also
IL CAPELINO (809) 549 3294 and they receive customers until 9pm every day.
About bringing in the profesional color shade,only do this if you are totally sure that thats hows its gonna come out ...salons here usually dont mind if you bring your products..but when it comes to highlighting thats a bit more delicate.