sending books, etc from japan to DR

van dyk

Jan 7, 2002
OK so I'm going back to the DR after a year here in japan. I'm thinking of sending all the books and other personal stuff I've been accumulating here by cargo mail (by ship) from japan to an EPS address in the US (miami) instead of sending it directly to the DR because of the mess at the dominican post service. BUt I've been told by some people that I should avoid EPS because it's unreliable and slow, so what should I do?? should I send the stuff direct and pray for it to reach santo domingo someday or send it to EPS in miami and again, pray for it to reach santo domingo?? has anyone tried sending boxes, etc by mail to the DR and actually received them?? The rates at Fedex and UPS from here to the DR are just astronomical, the extra money I'd have to pay is enough to upgrade my ticket to first class!! thanx for all the help!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
EPS is not slow nor is it unreliable. They are somewhat expensive. I would prefer Business Mail out of Miami, but it is pretty much 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

And either of the services can track your stuff.

If you are shipping "stuff" , like household goods, I think I would most certainly use Business Mail, since they have lower rates than EPS...

HB