Champion Air

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
Anyone ever flown Champion Airlines? It's a charter airline. I am flying them from JFK to Punta Cana...just wondering if anyone knew anything about them.

Thanks.

keilen

Feb 5, 2003
NYC GIRL: Hi I'm a layed-off flight attendant for champion out of Detroit. But I know most of the Pilots & Flight attendants at JFK. You will be on a 747 small plane sit's 173 passangers. No trills ride. No movie, no food. You cand get prezzels and a pop. Ask for the whole can and they will give it to you.. It's a long ride. Also I suggest taking a book to read and maybe packing a lunch, Just sitting will make you very hungry. Also the seats have NO leg room, So when checking in ask for a exit row seat, you get about 6 extra inches.

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
Thanks!

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Your info was a lot of help. I will definitely be sure I get to the airport extra early now to ask for the seats you mentioned that have extra leg room...and I'll be sure to have something to read and to eat.

Thanks again!

keilen

Feb 5, 2003
Yes it is only 3.5 yours but that can seem like forever sitting in a tuna can. These planes are very small and they cram every space with a seat.

Dec 9, 2002
Some of you guys just don't know when you have it made.

Given half a chance, I know I would rather fly 3.5 hours on a cramped charter than the 9 or so hours on a cramped charter from London to POP. Wish I only lived 3.5 hours away!!