This weekend

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Heading up to the North Coast on Saturday eve. Likely playing Playa Grande on Sunday and Monday. I'll have two first-time visitors in tow. All in our early 30's (unless I bump into you, then I'm 26, again).

My initial thoughts are to get a place in Cabarete for Sat/Sun nights, rip up the town at night and golf/beach in the day.

I see there is a Sand Castle contest going on this weekend. Is it even remotely possible that would make it hard to find a place to stay for 3 people, 2 nights?

Can anyone recommend a good spot? I've stayed at the larger spot at the far end before (obviously don't remember the name) past the kite boarding, closer to the abutment that sticks out in the water; rest. deck out back.

I'd try there again if I remembered the name.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks, cleef

Last edited:

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
I've stayed at the Palm Beach Condos a number of times. It is right on the beach, right in the middle of every thing. An EZ crawl home in the wee hours. Beautiful 2BR, 2bath units. Beautifully kept grounds and gardens. Also, the Velero down on the east point is my other favorite. They have a very talented bartender at there beach bar and it is a bit quieter. Have fun.